Season One | Episode One

"Strange Love"

Episode Two; "The First Taste" is barely mentioned

Brooke was busy sorting through folders of the police files Sheriff Dearborn had given her when she got the call from her best friend's younger sister. Sookie Stackhouse. Knowing Sookie rarely calls she assumed it was important.

"Hey, Spoke," she chirps whilst the cellular device was smushed against her face.

Sookie one the other end was comfortably speaking. A giddy feeling inside as she had just saved a vampire, a supposed invincible creature.

"You would not believe what just happened. Merlotte's had it's first vampire!"

The elevated voice had Brooke cringe. She really needed a new phone. The speakers blown on this one.

Brooke brushed a hand through her hair. "As exciting as that sounds, half an hour ago I received a call from Tara. Apparently Tara slapped her boss in the face in front of a big bitch in a purple skirt suit. So, you seeing a vampire doesn't excite me half as much."

Sookie let out a sigh, "I know she called me while I was working. But this vampire, ugh, he was so nice. And not scary. I wish you were here to see, Brooke."

Slipping the last of the papers into a folder the dark brown haired girl grabbed the brown suede jacket laid on top of her desk. "Well, I'm on my way to Merlotte's in a few minutes. I just gotta let Bud know I'm headin out. What time does your shift end?"

Silence.

"Sook?"

A heavy breath sounded in Brooke's ear, "I-I gotta go."

--click--

Brooke stared at her phone, muttering to herself, 'What was that about?

~~~

A large red Ford 5-150 pulled into the gravel driveway, parking onto a large dirted area. Clearly not an actual parking space, but was made one due to the lack of grass spots underneath.

The Stackhouse Residence. God, did Brooke love the house. She loved the way it looked. Of course, she loved her childhood home as well. But when she was 21 years old, a partygoer burned it down on her 21st birthday.

Let's just say that partygoer was 'boo'ed' outta town. Everyone loved the house as well. Now it's just acres with only an empty farmhouse.

Walking up the steps always brought many memories. Jason, Hoyt, and her all playing cops and robbers. Very rarely did Brooke Brigant play as a damsel in distress. But that was only when Sookie and Tara would play as well.

"Hey, Gran."

Adele Stackhouse. One of the few elderly people in the town Brooke respected. Because Adele Stackhouse was a sensible woman.