Season One | Episode Three & Four

"Mine"

"Escape From The Dragon House"

Once again, I, Brooke Brigant, found myself at the bar

Once again, I, Brooke Brigant, found myself at the bar. See, some of the townfolk think I'm an alcoholic with how often they see me sitting in one of these stools. Never ordering food, except maybe fries. Just drinking beer, taking shots.

I drink for fun. Not to get drunk.

"Hey, boo Boo. Whatchu doin here on this fine ass evening?" I raised my glass to the only gay man in Bon Temps. "Enjoying this fine ass evening."

He then went on back to the kitchen. Tara walked in front of my spot. Leaning onto the counter looking at me expectantly.

"And where were you last night? Sookie let that vampire Bill come over to meet Adele and call on her, and you ain't no where to be found?"

I sighed.

"Okay, here's the deal, Tara. I was with Hoyt last night. We went out to dinner, and I spent the night at his place."

Her eyes bugged wide. "You mean you, Brooke Brigant, and Hoyt Fortenberry are a thing? Wait, you stayed over at Hoyt Fortenberry's house, which means Maxine was there?"

I leaned closer to her, "No, we are not a 'thing,' hush you. And well, I may have slipped something Lafayette gave me a while back to make her go to bed. Don't tell Hoyt, though. His Mama issues the whole reason I won't get with him. Walking around, judging everything."

As I was downing the rest of my beer just as Dawn came by. She must of had my powers, because she seemed to have read my mind.

"Dawn, baby, you are the light of my life." I pulled her into me and hugged her. She giggled at me. "Damn, Brooke, if you were a guy, I would totally get with you, but it's just not gonna work out like that."

I pouted as she walked away. My freshly poured beer in front of me. Tara laughed at my predicament.

"You know she's got Jason tied to her bed right now, waiting for her to come home?" My eyebrows shot up. "Kinky." We laughed together and chat more about what happened while I was gone last night.

~~~

It was 6 A.M. when I woke up. No thanks to Sook. Gran came down around eight o'clock. Poking fun at me for being awake so early.

"Is Jason mowing?" She asks making me snort. "No, it's Sook. She said something about needing to keep busy." I took a sip of my coffee, tasting the hazelnut on my tongue.

Gran stared out the window. Sookie just had to finish the front yard.

"I'm gonna get her some cold lemonade." She says and I nod.

I was already ready for work. Just had to blow dry my hair. It's short, but oh my God, it's thick as hell.

"I'll be back down in a bit, Gran. Tell Sook I'm in her bathroom." Gran told me she would and so I just headed on upstairs.