Part 1

Virgil's POV

  "How could you do this to us?!" Roman shouted, as he had been for the past half an hour. "You screwed up the whole thing! You will NEVER be one of us. I hate you!" I let him banter, and the he just put his head against the wall.

   Logan walks over. "You messed up. Big time. Roman is, infact, correct. You never truly will be a light side." Patton mouthed 'Im sorry' and walked away with Logan. Roman turned back around and sat on the couch to watch a movie, presumably Disney. He looked at me. "Freak." He said.

    It was enough to send me up to my room, letting the tears spill out. I layed on my floor gripping my hair and crying, curled up into a ball. I was there for what seemed like hours, but it was probably only one.

   It, judging by the light from my window, was around one when I heard Roman screaming and footsteps drawing nearer. My door busts open on me, still crying on the floor. Roman shouts about how I gave Thomas a panic attack, and how I'm useless around here. How I belong to the dark sides, I never should have reformed here. Of what I can tell, he attempts to kick me but Patton grabs him and shoves him out of the way, coming to my aid.

  "Are you insane?!" He screeches at the prince-looking side. "He's having a panic attack too, and you probably caused it! He's the youngest of us for God sakes, and you are trying to kick him?! Leave him alone!" Patton finishes his lecture and Roman looks at me, and spits on my carpet. Patton sits there and holds me as I cry, calming me down.

  Patton's POV

   I can't believe Roman would try that, he's acting like Rem- no, don't even think his name. He's gone and banished forever, along with that snake.

    I look down and see that Virgil had cried himself to sleep, and I quietly leave him be. Once the door is closed all the way, I go down the stairs to the commons where I find Roman watching movies, and Logan reading.

   "Hey, Patton." Says Roman, noticing me. "Hey, Remus." I say, under my breath. I don't want to hurt my kiddo, but he tried to ACTUALLY hurt my other kiddo!

    "Sorry, what was that?" Roman notices my calling him off. "Nothing, I said 'Hey, Remus.' I just assumed that if you were gonna act like him, you might want to be called by his name, too." I see the hurt in his eyes when he hears his twin brother's name.

    "I was not acting like that...foul thing, I was just trying to teach that kid a lesson! He sent Thomas into a panic attack and now Thomas is hiding in his room."

     "Thomas has panic attacks when Virgil does. Therefore, Virgil was having one too. The only reason he was panicking is because YOU yelled at him over something he can't control." I stop. "I'm sorry kiddo, but I have to look out for you AND Virgey."

    While I'm walking away, I hear Roman mutter to Logan "Just get rid of the little thing." And Logan sighs in agreement.

      Virgil's POV

  They didn't know I was listening from around the corner, and I heard even the remark from Roman. He's right. I don't belong here. I roll up my sleeve a little, showing the cuts and the burn marks on my arm. I quickly put my sleeve back down and focus when I hear them talking again.

    "Wish he'd just take anxiety pills. Get rid of the stupid 'LiGhT sIdE'" He mocked. I stepped out. "Good idea, Roman! Anxiety pills, great idea."

      Roman looks at me in shock from learning that I heard everything. "Vir-" "No, you're right! Let's jot that down." I say through tears, and summon the notebook in which anything we write, Thomas thinks.

Try anxiety pills.  May help.

       I show the book to Roman and Logan. "Erase it!" Logan yells, and he grabs the book, erasing what I just wrote. "Anxi- Virgil." He had just recently learned my name, and had a hard time. The others caught on quickly, though. "I am truly sorry."

       Roman stayed silent and I honestly didn't mind. I heard a scoff as I walked back upstairs to my room, where I very carefully take a blade and slit a deep cut into my left wrist. I wince, since I had been clean for, what, 4 days? There goes that streak.

       I hear my door being opened so I roll my sleeve down quickly and walk out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. It was Patton, with some cookies.

       "Hey, kiddo. I made you these." He says, half smiling. I take them reluctantly, and nibble on one while he rambles on and on about things he wants to do in the future, and I hear my depression cancel him out.

   You're gonna get fatter eating those.

    You say that every day.

     I speak no lies, who do you think I am? Dee?

      Shut up, Dep.

      "Virge? Viiirgil? Kiddo?" Patton calls. "Hm? Oh, sorry. What were you saying?" He gave me a confused look. "You alright?" "Yeah, I'm-"

                       Pitch Darkness.