Part 4

Roman's POV

   As Patton sulks in Logan's arms, I go back in to retrieve the box and the jackets. I put one on over the white tee with a red crown on the center that I was wearing, and return to my friends. We walk down the stairs and put the box on the floor. We sit around it in a circle, staying quiets for just a few moments.

   Patton slowly opens the box after putting on one of the jackets, Logan doing the same. Once you can see inside the box, Patton pulls out a locket. He opens it, and inside is a picture of him, when he looks to be about 7, meaning that Virge had been here less than a year. In the picture, Patton is hugging a tiny four year old Virgil. He turns over the locket to see an engraving. "Thanks for a good 15 years! See you on the other side." -Virgil.

   He put on the locket immediately, and looked at Logan. Logan picked up a small notepad, the cover decorated with Virgil's signature patchy pattern. He opened it, and all the pages were filled with drawings, some old, some fairly new. Suddenly he starts staring off into nowhere.

Logan's POV

  It was 14 1/2 years ago, the day before Emo's fifth birthday. I saw him coloring a picture. "Do you like to draw?" He looked at me "I would draw more if I had a better book. This coloring sheet gets boring." I smile "Good to know."

   -Overnight flashback time skip brought to you by J.Delightful-

   "He's coming!" I whisper. As he walks down the stairs, we all sing "Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Emo! Happy birthday to youuuu!"

  "Awww! Thanks guys. Let's open presents!"

A while later, he gets to mine and opens it. He stares at the notebook that I decorated with the pattern on his favorite jacket. He then runs to me and gives me a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you! You remembered!"

Flashback over.

  Roman's POV

   He hugs the notebook tight. I guess it's my turn. I pull out a piece of wood. Im confused, until I turn it over. I burst back into tears and say "I broke the promise!" Patton gives me a hug. "What promise?" "I t-told him I'd be h-his fr-friend for-for-forever!" Patton shushes me and then looks at the wood, but I had already turned it back over.

   "I know you miss him, I miss him too. What's special about your item, Kiddo?" He asks, trying to calm me down. "Do you r-remember when we f-found him o-on the fl-floor? What he cu-cut on his wri-wrist?"

"Yes..?" I flipped the board back over, revealing the same word written on it to Patton. "Oh, Romey. We know you love him. It's okay." We sit in silence until we hear an Aura forming. We get up and go over to it.

It's the new Anxiety.