Author's Note

Hello! I am May Leah, and yes, I am writing this Author's Note after writing and publishing four short stories. I just wanted to say thank you to a lot of people right now.

     For new readers, thank you for being attracted by the cover of my book (shout out to Canva and their amazing color palettes and fonts) and for reading the stories I wrote. And for everyone who left some comments, whether it is to respond to the story or to give me criticism,my gratitude is doubled! I know some of it are still quite crude, but that's why I keep on writing--to make it less crude. English is not my first language, but it's not an excuse to have bad grammar, I think, so feel free to point those out.

     Thank you for the new friends I made on Wattpad! Some of us discussed the weirdest things at the Community Cafe I still chuckle when I remember it, but that's how I just knew that I NEED TO GET ALONG WITH THESE PEOPLE! To you all, I hope we can get along even better from now on and support each other.

     I would also like to say thank you to my fiance, who is always quick to read the updates and tell me what he thinks. Thank you for not cringing or laughing at me while reading as well. Thank you for encouraging me to actually pick writing up again.

     Anyways, The Thing About Us. is a compilation of short (and not-so-short) stories inspired by the things I read (about other people's experiences), the things I experienced/other people have experienced, or the things I heard from friends, family, and people I care about; so the stories are all based on real life (I have asked for permissions before writing something based on others by the way). I hope I can present a non-cliche stories that the readers can relate to. 

     Yes, that's the most important aspect on what pushes me to write these stories: something one can relate to, in any moods. For instance when you are sad, feeling hopeless, or trapped, you can be reminded that you are not alone in this. And it's okay to feel that way sometimes. But ultimately, we all can break out of it the negativity cycle (or spiral) together!

     Another instance will be when you are feeling okay or are in a good mood, maybe you can feel like 'oh, this stuff happens as well, huh?' when you read my stories. Then, you can send encouragements to the characters in the respective stories or maybe comments if you can relate, since I love how it feels when the reader can somewhat interact with the characters. And hopefully the sad readers can also benefit from your encouragements, or maybe if you find friends that can relate on the comments, there you go, you can support each other!

     I hope everyone can enjoy this book!