Chapter 1

My first class after breakfast is Herbology… ugh.
Don’t get me wrong, I love professor Longbottom but I can’t help but think that today’s gonna be different, maybe I’ll get some information about my mother, maybe I’ll get why I was able to produce a patronus in my first year, maybe I’ll even know what my patronus means, you see, I have no happy memories, and I mean, NONE. Maybe when I got my Hogwarts letter, but even that turned into a bad memory afterwards, unbearable bullying and questions about my past that I don’t know how to answer.
So anyway, I headed down for breakfast and sat down next to Lily Potter, a very nice girl really, she never makes me uncomfortable, she always wakes up earlier than I do and heads down before me, which is completely fine with me, she’s the closest thing I have to a friend, her and her two brothers, James and Albus, maybe even Rose Granger-Weasley. I went to have lunch with them a couple of times over the summer.
“morning” I mutter, she smiles kindly, I must seem in a bad mood, “someone’s a little cranky” chuckled James, who came and sat opposite to me and Lily, “well, a little more than a little” I mumble, smiling a little, “what’s your first class?”.
“charms” he replies. I nod and start eating, I’m not very good at small talk, although I came last I’m still the fastest person to eat, I finish quickly and excuse myself telling Lily I’ll see her during lunch, I don’t need to explain to her, but I tell James I need some fresh air, James doesn’t know I’m ADHD.
I leave the dining hall, briefly waving to Albus and Scorpius, and speed walk out of the gates.
I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Alexa Taylor, I think I’m a Half-Blood, my dad was a wizard and my mom… well, I’ve never known my mom, and my dad died when I was two so I guess I’ll never know, although Rose Granger-Weasley offered to try and find her in the library to see if she attended Hogwarts but I have a feeling she didn’t.
I’m in my fifth year at Hogwarts, and here’s one more thing you need to know, I’m ADHD and mildly dyslexic.
I shudder when I see Hagrid preparing some blast-ended skewts… probably for Lily’s class, I ignore the urge to gag and smile and wave back to Him.
I look towards the forbidden forest, for several days, I feel like I’m being watched, but for the first time, I see a pair of eyes. I kind of freak because the eyes look very much human.