Chapter 7 Sleepover

With a Starbucks I'm my hand I walked into my apartment. It was getting dark and I never liked dark places. I walked up all the stairs and tiptoed to our front door. Still don't want to disturbing Miss T. After taking my keys out of my pocked I open the front door and walk in. The whole house was quit signaling Paige was still at work. I put my keys back in the bowl and walk to the couch. I lay down on it and just lazily lay there for a couple of... Hours. After at least a hour or so I open one eye. I grin, inspiration. I jump of the couch and grab my bag. A piece of paper and a pencil are all I need. I sit back on ten couch and pull my knees to my chest. I lean back and start sketching.

I woke up from the door slamming. I crowned and sat up. After rubbing me eyes I looked around the room. The room was completely dark. As soon my eyes adjusted to the dark I saw angry looking Paige. She threw her things on the ground and walked to the kitchen. A small light went on, she was at the fridge. It turned of again after a couple of seconds. She then appeared next to me on the couch with a can of soda. "Nothin for me??" She glared at me. I shrugged and stretched. "What happened, did your boyfriend broke up with you??" She took a sip from her can and shook her head. "No he ditched me on a case" she turned to sit in front of me with one leg under her. "And before that he kept calling someone." "What a jerk" I took her can of soda and took a long sip. "She glared at me and took the can of soda out of my hands. She then noticed the paper. "Got you mojo back" she wiggled her fingers so now I glared at her. "No I just had inspi-" I was cut of by her phone. She stood up and grabbed it. "Hello?" Jerk. After a lot of yes and no's she hang up again. "I need to go, a large drug deal is going on" she walked to the door and took her jacked from the floor. "I'll be back in the morning" she then walked out of the door. I groaned and let myself slide down of the couch. As I landed on the floor I felt something fall next to me. My drawing. I picked it up and looked at it. Two birds....
-
Leon lights that's what my eyes saw when I opened them for the second time. What??? I groaned and stood up. After stretching and rubbing my sore bum I walked to the window. Trails of neon laid on the hard concrete. Pink with strands of blue colored them. How is this possible. I mean things like this isn't normal, its like someone took a giant paintbrush and jus- Delsin he did this. Mission complete I guess. I trailed the lights with my eyes and saw they came to me...
As soon as I noticed this the doorbell went. Like in a movie. I rubbed my eyes and walked to the door. "Coming" not even caring about my appearance I opened the door. A grinding Delsin stood there. "Morning" "you mean night" I left the door open and walked back to the couch. "Grumpy much" I heard a click noise signaling that he closed the door. I sat back on the couch and yawned. "Did I wake you?" I shook my head. "No the neon lights did that" he sheepishly rubbed his neck. "Sorry for that but look" he lifted up his hand. A glowing orb appeared in his hand. "Wow" I crooked my head to one side and looked at it. "Cool huh?" I nodded with my jaw slightly open. He laughed and lowered his hand making the orb disappear. I closed my mouth after that smiling at him. He walked over to me and sat next to me. His elbows on his knees and his hands in between his legs. "So mission accomplished? " he nodded. "Yeah got the shooter too" I nodded, letting my head fall on his shoulder. I felled him knuckle before I fell asleep.
-
Delsin's PoV
"Hey Abs are yo-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw her asleep against me. Somehow it made my stomach feel all woozy. Not like with Fetch a couple of minutes ago. When I caught Fetch all kinds of memories flowed into my mind. About her brother, the prison but also one of Abi. How she got in there I don't know. It wasn't one of my memories, I'm.very sure of that. I was about to ask her when she fell asleep against me. I guess she felt safe. Kinda strange when your a conduit but hey I'm not complaining. I looked around me memorizing the place. It wasn't a large apartment when you know two people living here but it was cosy. Abi definitely lived here, sketched and painting decorated the walls. As I looked down my eyes caught site of a piece of paper. I slowly bend down and grabbed it. Hoping I didn't wake her, she didn't. Blank of course I risked my life waking Abi for a blank piece of paper!!! I then turned it around. Of course. I inspected it more closely. Two birds like on my jacked. When I was undercover I took my time to repaint it with the remaining paint I had on me. Now the blue one was bigger then the red one but in the one they where still the same. I then felt a I move next to me. She slid down until she was laying in the couch, her head in my lap. At first I was shocked but then realized she was still sleeping. I couldn't bring myself to it to wake her so I just left her like this. Slowly my eyes began to close to. I didn't care at the moment though. She was safe and with me, that's all that mattered