Chapter 2

Danny

                                                       "If only you could see what I see"

        I've seen all the romance movies with my mom and sister; the girl and guy meet, it's love at first sight or first meeting whatever it is. It's all bullshit. Things don't work like that in real life. Love isn't real. Love is a fantasy that people tell themselves is real so they have something worthwhile in their lives, it's a useless emotion. My mom used to believe it was real, look what they got her. She was stuck raising two kids on her own while working two jobs just to make ends meet after the "love of her life" walked out on us after my sister was born. I told myself I would never fall for it, I knew better. I always made sure a girl knew what they were getting into with me, I always made sure they knew I wasn't the relationship type. I would never fall for a myth people tell themselves to make their sad little life more meaningless...that was until I saw Anna for the first time. When I walked out of my moms house to find Sam and Anna standing in Sam's driveway I felt my heart skip a beat. She was so magnetic, it felt as if the mere presence of her was sucking the air from my lugs. I had to will my lungs to work. I had to focus on pulling air into my lungs and exhaling. Breathing should be second nature but how could it when a goddess was standing in front of me in the form of Sam's niece. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I could tell she was a few years younger than me with her hip hugging jeans that clung to her curves in all the right places. She was wearing an oversized Blink - 182 sweatshirt. What were the odds she would be wearing one of my favorite bands? Was this fate? It has to be because I fell madly in love with her the moment she opened her mouth and stumbled over the word "yes".

        She's nervous. I don't understand how a girl that looks like her could ever be nervous. I mean has she ever looked in the mirror? Clearly not because if she had she wouldn't be the one stumbling over her words. She looks like she just stepped out of my dreams with her long dirty hair falling down around her face. Her eyes a blue violet color I didn't know existed. Her lips a deep red color that I wanted to kiss right then and there, if only Sam wasn't standing there. Why did Sam have to be here?

        I've been on my share of awkward first dates to know that this was something special already and technically we weren't even on a date but that's going to have to change soon because this girl is too amazing to not date. She is my dream girl. She's crazy smart, I knew she was before even meeting her. I mean she had to be to graduate high school early and already finished with her first year of college. The thing is she's not just book smarts, she's people smart, street smart, and is crazy knowledgeable about music even if she pretends she's not. I don't think she knows just hot sexy she is when she's talking shop with me. I've only known her a few hours and can already tell she's more thoughtful than any other girl I've "been" with. She even ordered a pizza for the homeless couple down the street sleeping on a bench. I could tell she didn't do it to try to impress me, no she did it because that's the kind of person she is. She's amazing. We spent the entire time at the restaurant talking without it being awkward or forced.

        "How did you like the pizza?" I asked as we walked shoulder to shoulder now only realizing I never bothered to ask her at the restaurant.

        "I liked it....but I liked the company better" I could see her cheeks start to blush in the dim light.

        "If I'm being honest that was my favorite part" I said smiled as we kept walking. I was falling for this girl and I was falling hard fast. "Hey can I show you something or do you need to get home?"

        "No...I mean Sam gave me a key so it's ok. What did you want to show me?" I watched her out of the corner of my eye as she fidgeted with the hem of her shirt.