Chapter 3

Anna

                                                               "Beautiful stranger"

        From where I'm standing I can see the guys standing off to the side of the stage instruments in hand waiting for the right moment to take their spot on the stage. I let my eyes trail along Danny's body, after all it's a darkish club and he is standing across the stage there's no way he knows I'm staring so I let my eyes linger a little longer than I should. How could I not? He looks so perfect with his sandy blond hair falling around his face in just the right way. His jeans hugging in all the right places, I mean would you look at that ass? My eyes catch on his cut off Misfits shirt revealing his muscles that look like he knows what he's doing at the gym. I let out a small moan as I let my mind wander over the thoughts of what I want to do to his body. I blush at my own thoughts and remind myself that he is only being nice since he's Aunt Sam's neighbor. I mean he is way out of my league. He is the type of guy that dates tall sexy models not short cubby girls. He is the type of guy that belongs with a girl that has legs for days not sarcasm for days. I peel my eyes from Danny to shake my head in the hopes to clear my thoughts but when I look back my eyes zone in on him again. This time I don't try to fight what my body so clearly wants. I mean what is the harm in just looking? I let my eye take in his body slowly moving back up to his face and that's when I see him looking in my direction with a lustful furry I've only ever seen in the movies. Surely he isn't looking at me that way. But then he smiles and waves. Instead of waving back I look around trying to see who he is waving to. I'm in a sea of beautiful woman of all ages, I'm sure he's waving at one of them with that look on his face and not me. But I don't see anyone waving back. I look back to where he is standing it looks like he's trying not to laugh with an amused grin spread across his face. I point to my chest mouthing "Me?" He nodes his head no longer trying to hide his laugh. I smile back and wave as the rest of the band follows his eyes to were I'm standing. I can feel my face growing red with all their eyes on me. I start to think about the look in his eyes. I had to imagine it, didn't I? Maybe that's just the way he looks before a show...maybe?

        The lights dim and the crowd around me erupts into screams as the guys walk onto stage with their instruments in hand prepared to rock the crowd. That is exactly what they did. I have never seen a band that fits so perfectly together, each member pushing the others to play better, to put on a better show. Each member looks as if they own the stage with an ease most seasoned performers don't even have. They fit together with such ease you would think they've been playing together their whole lives or at least have been friends since they were kids and for all I know they have been.

        "Thank you everyone for coming out to see us tonight. It was a blast seeing some new faces mixed in with the familiar ones" Danny says smiling into the crowd, there's no denying that line and smile are meant for me. I wish everyone in the room would disappear leaving only him and I, oh the things I want to do to his body and all the wonderful things I want him to do to mine. "We have a few more songs and I thought we could play a new one for you" the crowd screams out to let him know they want to hear the new song. "Ok so with this one we're going to slow it down a bit" he says sliding the strap to his electric guitar over his head and handing it over to Johnny as Johnny walks off the stage. "This song goes out to a very special lady and before I start I want you to know that this is a new song, like brand new, as in I just wrote it this morning so I'm sorry if I stumble over it a little but I hope you like it." He pulls his acoustic guitar over his head takes a nervous breath before he starts to strum the beginning of the song. Throughout the whole show this is the first time he has ever let his nerves surface. I don't know why but there is a warmth that starts to grow inside my chest when I look up at him. He's the only one still on stage with a soft spotlight on him that makes him look like a angel.