Real Witchu

August

I woke up and realized that Desire was no longer beside me. I didn't hear the shower running and I assumed she was downstairs. I looked at the clock on the nightstand and it was 10 am. I got up and went into the bathroom so that I could brush my teeth and take a quick shower. I really needed to talk to Desire to find out what the hell happened with her and her mom. It obviously had to be something for her to act the way she did.

I finished my hygiene thing and wrapped a towel around my waist. I walked back into the bedroom and made the bed up. I grabbed some underwear and put on some sweats with a simple t-shirt. I headed downstairs to find Desire making breakfast. She hadn't noticed that I came in yet because she was so focused on scrambling some eggs. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her neck and she leaned into me.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning love."

"How did you sleep last night?" I asked as I moved my hands up to her shoulders massaging them. She sighed and turned the stove off. "I slept okay, but I still gotta a lot of shit on my mind." She moved out of my embrace so that she could get the plates. I stepped back and looked at her because she always tryna hold shit inside.

"Desire what happened that has you acting this way and don't even say its nothin. I know its something, now tell me whats wrong." I glared at her as she turned to look at me. I was tired of her bullshit and she was about to tell me something.

I walked up behind her taking the plates out of her hand. I sat them on the counter and turned her facing me. I stared down into to her beautiful face and lifted her chin. "Desire talk to me. Tell me what tha' problem is." I caressed her cheek as I waited for her to speak.

"August my mother only thinks about herself and has only been thinking about herself all these years. When she came by yesterday she told me that she was the cause of everything happening. She was being blackmailed by Chandler's father." She looked down and back at me. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"Did you let her tell you the whole story as to why she was being blackmailed?" I raised my brow and looked at her intently.

"No I didn't because I didn't wanna hear no more of her bullshit."

"I kno' you may not wanna hea' this, but you shoulda' let her finish because it woulda' provided some missin' pieces to tha' puzzle. Na' I'm not sayin' that your momma is right be any means because she is to blame fa' this shit, but you need to hear tha' truth, all of it." I grabbed a plate and piled it high with eggs, bacon, home fried potatoes, and toast. Desire had put in work this morning.

I could feel her eyes on me and I knew she didn't like what I had just told her, but I knew that I was right. She was gon' let this shit ruin her and us if she didn't get the whole understanding so that she could move forward. I said grace and dug in. She made her a plate and sat down. She pushed tha' food around on her plate actin' like she was mad.

"Desire I kno' ya lil ass ain't mad about what I said. I mean I was being real and you kno' that's the only way I kno' how ta' be. She owes you that explanation and you need ta' listen because as I said you will neva' be able to truly be happy. Your momma is living with regrets everyday knowing that she is the cause of what happened to you, so you don't have ta' say anythang because her conscious is beatin' her ass everyday."

She looked up at me and tilted her head to tha' side. She was looking at me like she was tryna figure something out. I shrugged and continued eating my food. I looked up and she was getting up standing in front of me. I leaned back in my chair and she took a seat on my lap. She wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed my lips.

"I honestly don't know what I would I do without you. You always make me look at things in a different light when I don't wanna see the light. I guess its just hard dealing with it because you never think that the one that carried you for nine months and gave birth would do you like this." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled.

"So does that mean you are gon' talk to your momma?"

"Yes, but that still doesn't change how I feel because it still hurts all the same. The fact remains that it is no real reason that you should ever betray your family for random ass people that don't mean shit."

"Baybeh I can't agree witchu' more."

"I love you boy."

"I love you too girl."

We finished our breakfast and chilled. We decided we were going to visit the Aquarium later and take my nieces. This should be fun....

David

I stood looking back at the face of a woman that I would've died for, hell I would still die for her. I gave her everything even when I didn't have nothing, but she gave me nothing but a lie for all these years. She broke my heart and my daughters with all her bullshit.

"David say something, please!" Renee pleaded.

"What the hell do you want me to say, huh? You want me to say that I forgive you and we can make this right?" I glared at her in disbelief because she thought this shit was a game.

"I know I messed up, but I wanna make this right. You mean so much to me David and I truly am sorry for all the pain I caused our family." She walked towards me but I moved outta of the way.

"Renee for twenty-five years I thought that we were happy even when you acted over the top at times, but I was sadly mistaken. Not once did you come to me and tell me you was in deep shit, you gave your trust and loyalty to some muthafucka' that wants to see you beg and grovel." I clenched my jaw because I was beyond hurt and angry.

"Well I guess telling you the rest of what happened and why it happened really ain't gonna change nothing, so its no point in telling you then, huh?"

"Renee what the hell are you talking about? What kinda shit have you gotten us into?"

"David I-"

"Don't you dare say you are sorry. Dammit for once tell me the fucking truth!" I slammed my hand on the table causing her to jump in fear.

"M-M-Monroe Industries isn't yours. You are not the CEO."

"What the fuck do you mean its not mines? If its not mines then whose is it?" I walked up on her mugging the hell outta her.

"Chandler's father, Charles Wright."

"The fuck....."