Chapter 1

Have you ever wondered why many things are in pairs? Like friends or... Lovers? Especially when you find the right one to pair with, you will do whatever it takes to be with that person. Of all my chic life, I have paired up with different girls, like

An overly studious girlfriend

"Ging, let's go see a movie when you're done," I asked her, she, on the other hand, was busy scribbling in her notebook whilst I sat there utterly bored.

"I have an extra Maths class after this." She replied without looking at me

"Tomorrow then?"

"I have Biology tomorrow"

"Day after tomorrow?"

"Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, Science, English and then Maths again" She counted all the subjects on her fingers. I let out an annoying huff and this is precisely what happens when you date an overly studious girl. Even though a lot of my classmates envied me for dating her I eventually had to break it off as she was bailing on me all the damn time.

A photoholic girlfriend

"1.. 2.. 3.. Say lychee!"

"lychee!" I said putting on a smile that extended till my ears.

"I look fat. Let's do it again." She pouted. She held the camera in front of us yet for the 123rd time and I had to put on my fakest smile yet again.

"Cheeerryy" She chirps as she pokes my left cheek with her finger.

The waiter walks in shortly after with our order.

"Are you done? Let's eat shall we!" Just when I thought I could have a taste of the Oh so delicious-looking cheesecake.

"Wait! Let's take another selfie!"

"A selfie?!" Here we go again. Even the cheesecake was giving me a helpless smile.

"Strawwberrr-"

"Should we call for a check? I lost appetite! :/" I interrupted her.

A picky girlfriend

"What do you want to eat, babe? She asks as we sit in one of the fanciest restaurants out here in Thailand. My wallet is on the verge of crying but I am pushing it.

"What do you want to eat, Noomnim? I ask her as a sort of courtesy.

"Anything!"

"Ice-cream?"

"No, It makes me fat"

"Honey toast?"

"Too sweet"

"A pudding? Bingsoo? Choux cream?"

"Yuck too boring"

"What do you want then,  Noomim?" I mush out my fakest smile. My insides burning due to the lack of food and I am losing my patience second by second.

"Anything"

I pushed myself off the table in reflex. God, I can't deal with this anymore.

An "I don't know why" mad girlfriend

"Are you mad at me, Namwan?" I scratch the back of my neck in nervousness.

"NO!" Her tone was sharp making me flinch. People around us were giving us weird stares which contributed to embarrassment rush into me. My Mr. Chic reputation flying out of the window for sure.

"That was a big fat no, whatever I did wrong, I am sorry" My best try to lift her mood up.

"Why are you apologizing? I am not mad
I AM NOT MAD!" She slams the knife on the table. Oh no, that backfired.

"Then why..." Ah nevermind. I take a sip of my drink avoiding eye contact with her.

So yes, No one has ever been the right one for me so I came to find the one in this University. I never thought that this time, the right one would be so different.

...