O N E

"Thud! thud! thud!"

The sound of punches being thrown at the punch bag echoed throughout the empty gym. My breathing became ragged as I push myself towards my limit.

"Bam!!" I gave the bag a hard side kick until the hinges rattled which marks the end of my training.

"Woah, no need to be so aggressive!!" Keishin chuckled.

"Ah! You wanna see aggressive? Go switch places with the bag then I can show you what is aggressive." I gave my best loopside grin to him. Keishin glared at me.

Ukai Keishin, my beloved brother and also a volleyball coach of Karasuno High School. I'm in my third year at Karasuno but surprisingly I don't play volleyball like him or my grandfather, Ukai Ikkei.

"So why did you come to see me?" I asked him as I tried touching my toes; doing the cool down stretches.

"I wanted to ask you a favour..." he rubbed the back of his head.

"I want you -".

"to take care of the store during the match". I cut off his words before he could finish his sentence.

He look dumbfounded for a second and bursted out laughing.

Now I'm the one confused. My face started to scrunch up a little.

"You know me too well! But sadly that's not it". Keishin patted my head.

"Then what is it?" I asked softly, trying to figure out what favour he wanted to ask.

"I want you to come with me to the final match tomorrow against Shiratorizawa" he said proudly.

"WHAAAT?!". I squeaked.

"Come one even the old man will be there." Keishin tried to bargain with me.

"Um.. but I have practice tomorrow." I slowly rejected his offer.

It's not that I hate volleyball but I find it kinda boring. Weird? I know. Ever since I was still a little girl, I always find martial arts interesting. The way they defend themselves against powerful blows.

When I first told my family that I joined the martial arts club they were in shock because each and every member of my family are involved in volleyball. Lucky for me, my family supported my decision.

"Don't you want to cheer for your friends and your kouhais". he pouted, giving me a sad face.

There he goes, guilt tripping me into one of his agendas again. I huffed in annoyance before giving in.

"Okay.. fine!"

With that answer, his eyes grew wider and his face was overjoyed with happiness.

"Thank you! I will definitely treat you this time". He bear hugged me.

"Nii chan... Can't -breatheee." I pat his hand as i feel the lack of oxygen. He immediately let go of me.

"You're weird, you know that right? You can hold against someone who is much more bigger than me in a ring but now you're struggling to breathe from a hug."he laughed.

"I was not ready when you hugged me!" I half yelled. He shaked his head and look straight at me in the eye. Suddenly, the aura around me changed.

"You need to always be prepared, if you only pay attention to what's above, you'll be tripped from below." he said with scary grin.

Shivers ran down my spine upon hearing those words. Upon seeing my reaction, he gave me a sincere smile.

"Okay then! Don't forget our date tomorrow!" he said and exited the gym.

The door closed and he left me inside all alone again.