MTW 9: Emptiness

Heyyyy! Another one for us before we could watch Ram and King again tomorrow. I miss my bibis. Anyway! Here we go!!

---------

The semester has ended and vacation starts. Everyone has their own plans to spend their time this vacation.

Ram didn't plan on anything though unless invited by his friend or his family. He was playing with their dogs in their house when Rund saw him.

"Phi? Are you missing someone?"

Ram turned to his little brother.

"Your eyes were looking far away. Didn't you receive any message from that someone? I heard your phone rings though."

Ram quickly checked on his phone only to find the group chat with his friends full of rants not having any vacation plans. The silent one glared at his brother.

"Disappointed not reading the message you want to read? Hehehe."

"Go away."

Rund ran away before his brother chased him. It was not new to this household. Rund would always make assumptions about his older brother's behaviour and would often tease him being a busybody. However, he noticed that his brother was getting more interesting as a subject since he met King.

The vacation starts so he really doesn't have any excuse or reason to talk with King. He was just staring at the venus flytrap that he placed on the window of his room until he fell asleep.

"Cool boy!" Ram heard the familiar teasing name that only one person calls him.

He turned around and saw King smiling at him wearing his signature engineering jacket.

"Cool boy!" Again he heard it from another direction. He then saw the senior wearing his black tee and jeans with his small bag hanging around his chest.

"Cool boy!" This time Ram was getting quite annoyed but when he turned around again, he saw King talking to another man. He was taller than King and was wearing a medical coat. The senior was talking to that man with a smile on his face. The man also caressed King's hair indicating their close relationship. He was about to walk towards King and that man but he noticed his legs were stuck. Then, he heard King spoke again, "Ohoo, now you're boasting because of your medical coat. You look like an angel but you were a devil, such a pretend cool boy."

Ram knew he was that "Cool boy" it was King's endearment to him but what hurts him now is hearing that nickname coming from King but not directed at him, instead, it was meant for that unknown man.

He wanted to call the senior's name but his throat feels dry and his voice won't come out.

"Won't you talk to me more?" Ram looked beside him and saw King frowning at him. He remembered that time when King asked him the same question.

"I do normally talk." That's what he previously answered to him.

"Ahh, so you still won't say it."

"No! It's not like that." Ram was getting annoyed because of his non-existent voice. He wanted to talk to him but his voice won't cooperate. Until he saw King turn around and walk away from him.

Ram was startled as he opened his eyes. What was that? A dream? Why does it hurt?

He quickly checked on his phone to see what time it was already, it was two thirty in the afternoon.

"Did he lose interest in me?" Worried because of his dream, that was the question he asked himself.

His eyes landed on the cute venus flytrap sitting quietly near his window. He sighed and went out to their kitchen to get some snacks. His dream was still bothering him so he went out with his dogs to have a walk.