MTW 20: Envy

Indeed, after Ram's class ended, he saw the beautiful star waiting for him in the lobby. He was walking along with some of his classmates including Phu when Honey waved at the stoic Ram.

"Ai'Ram! Shall we go now?" She was smiling so sweetly that it made Ram's friends mesmerized.

"What!?" Phu exclaimed so loud that it caught the attention of everyone loitering in the lobby.

"Can I borrow Ai'Ram? I'll just pay debt on him." Honey blinked her eyes to capture the heart of Ram's friend, prompting them to nod their heads and pushed Ram onto the beautiful star.

Ram widened his eyes. He can't believe that they betrayed him but he gave up anyway with a sigh because he knew he needed to fulfill his promise.

Honey smiled again at them then she dragged Ram away. The poor silent guy could only follow the wilfully girl out of respect but somehow, he could feel nostalgia from this scenario.

The two found themselves sitting in a newly opened food place not too far from the university.

"What food do you like? Choose anything, it's on me since you saved me back there."

Ram sighed. He looked at the food menu. Suddenly, he heard someone giggling. It was Honey.

"I'm sorry, you just look cute whenever you furrow your eyebrows looking into the menu. Don't you like the food here?"

The guy shakes his head.

In the end, both of them placed their order and waited for it to be served. Ram kept his poker face and was silent all the time but the stare of the girl sitting across him was bothersome.

"I'm sorry if I'm staring for too long. I'm just amazed that the rumors were really true, you're really handsome."

The guy didn't expect that. Even though he would often hear that praise because of a certain someone, hearing it directly from a beautiful girl made him feel quite uncomfortable.

Honey giggled again. "The rumors were wrong about something though. They said you are unsociable but I think you're not. It's probably your way of choosing people to trust with, which I find very attractive."

People around them thought that they really look good together.

Ram could feel that he's being pushed into the corner and he doesn't really like it but for now, he just ignored it because he thought it would just end today anyway. No more strings attached after having that dinner.

After sharing a meal, Ram, being a gentleman waited for Honey to get a cab to get home.

"Are you sure you don't like to come with me?"

Ram vigorously shakes his head.

"Okay. See you around tomorrow. Thanks Ai'Ram."

The moment when the cab drove away, Ram checked on his phone to check the time only to see a notification from his wife, well, his beloved senior.

[7:05pm] King: Ai'Ning! Aren't you going home?

[7:07pm] King: Oiiiii!

[7:020pm] King: Are you ignoring me?

[7:031pm] King: Ai'Ning!!!

[7:44pm] King: I demand attention! Ai'Ning! The beasts were attacking me.

[7:53pm] King: If you saw my cold body lying in the living room, please make sure to take care of my children.

Ram can't decide whether he would feel happy, worried or a mixture of it because of those messages. He was happy to know that King was looking for him but worried about the last message. King was probably joking but still, he knows too well that the senior could be clumsy at times.