Chapter 16 ~ Scholarship

June soon rolled around, I was honestly never happier. Alex and I were out at school, our parents knew , all was right in the world.

We sat on Alex's couch, our limbs were tangled as we snuggled to some album Alex found in his bedroom. I knew I was falling hard for Alex, I was in love with him. He had told me he loved me a week ago. At that point was sure I loved him back, I just wasn't ready to say it back.

I wanted to tell him today. He was running his fingers through my hair and humming along to the song.

"I love you." I sucked in a breath as I waited for him to reply.

"I'm moving across the country." He spit out in rushe. I rolled off the couch and looked up at him.

"What?" I asked. Was he playing a joke on me or was he really moving?

"I got a scholarship to my dream college, but it's in California."

"How long have you known?"

"Two months." He didn't meet my eyes.

"We've only been dating for a month! I can't believe this." I rose to my feet, he remained on the couch.

"Look baby, I love you so much, but I can have a great future if I go to this school." he finally stood and grabbed my hand.

"Oh so you're saying you see no future with us?" I pulled my hand away, "Listen Alex, I love you and I want you to have a great life, and if you think this is the way to achieve this then fine, I'm just upset that you didn't tell me sooner." My voice softened, I couldn't be mad at him for something like this.

"Thanks for understanding. And I know I'm sorry, I just really wanted to be with you and if I had told you I was going to be leaving soon you would have never dated me." All this was true information.

"Well this has been one of the best relationships I could possibly imagine." I smiled at him with tears welling up in my eyes.

"We don't have to break up I leave in July."

"No, we have to break up, and while you're gone I don't think we should talk at all." Tears were freely falling down my face at this point.

"I can't do that, I love you."

"Alex I went 14 years without knowing you and you went 17 years, I think we can do it again. And if fate does bring you back to me please stop to say hi, even if you're I don't know, married, or anything just say hi because I love you and I don't think you can ever really fall out of love, and if you do fall out of love, you know that the love was fake." And then I left his house.