Chapter 18 and 19

It has been a month and Ava and I haven't spoken since I fired Lancy. Actually, no one was as good as Lancy so I didn't hire a new assistant which made things more tiring for me. For the past month, I felt like someone was visiting me every day but I didn't know who. I was so worried that I'd install cameras since it was just a feeling. Actually, I was way ahead of schedule because of all-nighters and I have collapsed a few times. Frank and I broke up earlier that month, he realized that our relationship was awkward now and reluctantly broke up. My life was a mess right now. All because of a stupid kiss that I just can't get over for some reason.

I noticed that our company was decorating the areas. I walked by and everyone stiffly bowed or nodded at me. This past month I was sharp-tongued. Because of my lack of sleep piled with work, I was constantly stressed which affected my attitude.

I looked at the decorations. 

Halloween...

I clenched my fists, "Who said you could decorate the company?!"

Everyone froze. I sighed, "Sorry... memories... you may continue."

I felt sympathetic eyes follow me out. I sighed, "I'll decorate my office I guess."

I then headed to the stores. 

~~~

A lot of things were on sale. I started picking up a few things and heard a familiar voice say, "Why are they selling bones here? You can get them for free if you just kill other humans."

Leif.

Ava sighed tiredly, "Humans don't kill other humans Leif, I'm sure you've already noticed that..."

I stood still, do I really want to talk face to face with Ava? 

This needs to be resolved... 

I decided to go up to her but she left before I could say anything. 

Maybe next time...?

I gather the rest of my stuff and headed out. I saw Ava cross the road then noticed a speeding car. It was headed straight towards Ava. I screamed, "AVA!"

I pushed her out of the way and Leif quickly grabbed her. That was the last thing I saw before hitting darkness.

~~~

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around, I was in a hospital. I tried to move but my body was aching. I closed my eyes, where am I?

What is this place?

Where's mom and dad?

This isn't Damos...

I opened my eyes and saw a human with a nurse outfit on, "H-Human...?"

She heard me and yelled, "Patient 39 woke up!"

A lot of humans rushed in and started doing things. 

What are they doing? 

Were they going to kill me? 

Mommy read me the last book about magic and I fell asleep now I'm here? 

The humans checked if I was 'stable' or not and started using weirds things. A while later I heard a girl yell, "Y/n!"

I looked seriously at the human. 

How does she know my name? 

She ran over in tears and sighed in relief, "You're okay! Thank goodness! Dad and Pops are coming!"

Why is this human crying? 

Dad? Pops?

I finally got the courage and rasped, "W-Who are y-you?"

Ava POV

I stared at Y/n. 

What does she mean who am I? 

I quickly answered, "Y/n! It's me! Ava. Your sister. Your wifey!"

She looked at me confused and I frantically asked, "Why doesn't she remember me, doctor?!"

She sighed, "Brain damage. I'm surprised she survived in the first place. Her health was bad and she lacked nutrients and sleeps. Because of that, it damaged her brain more than it was supposed to. I believe she must have amnesia."

Tear once again stung in my eyes and Dad and Pops came running in, "Ava?! Is Y/n okay?!"

"S-She has amnesia..."

"What?!"

Dad looked at the doctor, "Please explain what happened to my daughter."

She nodded and led him out of the room. Pops was crying and kept asking, "Y/n! You don't remember your Pops?"

"P-Pops?"

He started crying and I went over to comfort him but burst into tears as well. 

Why does life hate Y/n so much?

~~~

A month later, Y/n was out of the hospital. That day, Dad told us that there was still a chance it could've been temporary amnesia and that Y/n needed to have a check-up every week. She was finally let out of the hospital still being confirmed to have amnesia. Many of her fans waited until Y/n came out and started cheering as if she was a celebrity. When we finally reach our apartment, Pops and Dad entrusted her to me for a while. They said they'd come to visit as soon as they could but it wasn't certain.

I nodded, "Have a safe trip back."

Dad looked at Y/n, "I hope you'll be able to recall things."

Y/n just quietly stared during the month we found out that she lost her memories to about age 6 or 7. I knew that her parents died at the age of 10 so she still kept thinking her parents were alive. She'd also blurt out the same things the demons would say but we thought it was just her imagination. I led Y/n to the apartment where the demon boys were waiting and everything was decorated. She looked around curiously and the demons looked surprised. Rhys asked, "Y/n...?"

Y/n looked at Asch and gasped, "Prince Asch?! It's really you?!"