Chapter 26 Part 3

Ava came back out a bit confused at why I was being protected but said happily, "You guys play nice okay? He's the guy I was talking about earlier. I have to get something, Y/n, come if you want."

I was about to reject until Pierce whispered, "Go."

"What?"

"Go Y/n."

"Pierce? Why?"

Rhys butted in, "Y/n, please go. It will be safer that way."

"Safer...?"

Pierce was looking at me as if she was pleading me. I reluctantly left feeling their worried eyes follow me. I closed the door behind me seeing Ava freak out.

"Ava?"

Ava jumped at my voice and sighed, "Thank goodness you came!"

"What's wrong?"

"Okay. So, I kind of have a bad feeling about that guy."

"Who...?"

"Zex."

"Zex?"

"The demon guy who came in!"

"Okay... why?"

"Well... he gives me a bad vibe..."

"I'll have to agree."

"What?"

"Ava, that man wasn't human."

"What?!"

I looked at her disapprovingly, "I talked to him earlier, he's a Damos, a demon."

"Another one?!"

"Yes but I have a question for you Ava. Why do you always bring in weird people?"

"I don't know and if I knew I would change that!"

I snickered a bit. The fact that Ava always attracts dangerous people was a problem. I headed to the door and heard yelling.

What's going on out there?

Ava seemed like she didn't notice and took a deep breath, "Okay. Let's go."

"Ava wait-"

Ava opened the door and laughed nervously, "Sorry it took me a while to find a charger I-"

She stopped looking at the situation. The Damos were sending hostile looks to Zex. Ava whispered to me, "Jeez, the tension is so thick in here, you could cut it with a knife. Like a... plastic knife..."

I just nodded ignoring her stupidity. Ava then gasped, "Oh! I get it! They're jealous!"

I looked surprised at her conclusion, "Ava... no..."

"Come one Y/n! Pierce must've been jealous at the fact that you were talking to Zex!"

"I don't think-"

"I bet they're scurrying me internally about the idea!"

"Ava..."

I looked back at them. They looked more worried and hostile then jealous. Pierce and Rhys would glance back at me constantly. I sighed, "Ava, they aren't jealous."

"Huh?"

"They're worried, I think this Zex guy may be dangerous."

Ava looked at me confused. I whacked her shoulder and whispered, "Just don't act like you're suspecting him."

Ava nodded and forced a smile walking to him, "Hey! Uh... Zex! Are you hungry or anything?"

I reached out to grab her but she went too fast. I crossed my arms hiding my clenched fists.