Chapter 9

| (Y/N)'s POV |

"... As stated yesterday, Resident Services is closed today due to construction. I realize this may be a bit of an inconvenience, but I promise the island will be better for it... You'll see!"

Mr Nook began to rub the back of his head as he began the next line,

"As you can imagine, I'll have my paws full today with the Resident Services construction. I'll be getting back to that now! Have a good day everyone!"

"And... cut!" I pressed the 'stop recording' on the camcorder and closed the wing shut.

Roman who was off to the side of me lying on his stomach nodded in response. On the ground was a laptop which was connected with a series of wires to the camcorder, he stopped the live broadcast all across the island. With the wifi officially set up, all island residents could tune into the Morning Announcements through their Nookphone, Television, and any other device connected to the Island Wifi.

"Ah, thank you (Y/N) and Roman for filming once again!" Mr Nook headed towards us as we started to clean up. "Especially at these early hours in the morning.."

"It's not a problem Mr Nook!" Roman delightfully responded. "You can count on (Y/N) and I! We just make a great team, right (Y/N)?"

I froze. Great team? Was that a reference to something? Like us being partners? That's totally what he meant... right???

"U-Uh.. yeah! Great team! Really good partners!" I covered my trembly voice with a boast of enthusiasm. I awkwardly, while not breaking eye-contact with the two, grabbed the camcorder which was propped up on a stand and attempted to fold the legs of the stand.

"Eeyup!" Roman turned towards Mr Nook with a smug look on his face, "The professionals!"

"Ah.. yes yes..." Mr Nook muttered. "Anyways... I'm sure you two and Zhen already know what your duties are today, hm? Oh- and speaking of which.."

Mr Nook turned to me, as I slid the camcorder into its case.

"Thank you so much (Y/N) for helping me set-up the two housing-kits from yesterday! I hope it did not cause you too much trouble.." Mr Nook addressed.

"Oh- It was no problem Mr Nook, Roman helped me out." I looked over to Roman with a warm blush forming on my face.

"Ah-.. I see!" Mr Nook began, "...You two sure make some... team."

"Hahah! I know right?" Roman exclaimed, "(Y/N) we should hang out more!"

"Oh-!" I was taken back by his response. I felt my legs nearly give out from all the shaking this tension was giving me. "O-OF COurse! Totally!!" my voice cracked and I began to rub the back of my head and twindled with the strands of my hair.

"-Before we get off topic..." Mr Nook abruptly interrupted, "Do not forget what we have planned toda-"

"-Zhen helps out with crafting the materials for the Resident Services, I finish up the decoration for the houses from yesterday and (Y/N) gathers the materials for Zhen and helps residents out... Piece of cake Mr Nook! No need to worry! We'll get on it right away! Right (Y/N)??"

Why is he so... spunky this morning? I don't think I can handle this much Roman-Wholesomness in one sitting... I felt like a rocket about to EXPLODE!

"Ah.." Mr Nook rubbed his weary eyes with his paws in a tiresome way. He didn't look like he had enough sleep last night... "That's good, yes yes..."

"Mr Nook, are you okay?" I spoke up, "You look really tired"

"I was up all night building the houses and beginning construction work for Resident Services..." He began patting his face, trying to wake himself up, "I'm sure I just need a cup of coffee to wake me up..."