Chapter Nine - I've Got No Place To Go, Would It Be Alright?

"Emily... Emily... Honey... Wake up it's Billie..." Billie said whispering in my ear.

I opened my eyes; I regarded it was night. "Oh, what do you want? Do you have to do your 'work'?"

I asked angrily, groaning, forcing my head into my pillow. "No, I don't have any 'work', I finished all of it... I'm sorry if I made you mad or anything earlier. I should have listened to what you had to say, Emily. Instead of being a complete a**hole. If you don't like your school in a month, I'll try to do something, y' know? Do you forgive me?"

I looked at Billie's emerald eyes for a moment, I watched him as he sat down in my bed beside me, "Err mmm... I guess so." I replied.

"Well, oh okay. What movie is this?" Billie asked while looking at my TV.

I replied, "Ordinary World, well, I watch it every night, it helps me sleep."

"Oh, why do you watch this... EVERY... F**KING night?" Billie asked laughing.

"Whenever mom and Jason would fight or when I have trouble falling asleep, I watch it... Well, more like fall asleep to it. I suppose 'cause it has you in it," I acknowledged.

Billie laughed, "'Cause, it has me in it? That's the funniest sentence I've probably ever heard."

Then he took his phone out and went to the camera, then snapped a few pictures of both of us. "Emily... Do you mind if I ask you something? Am I a good dad? Like a GOOD DAD?" Billie said, looking at the pictures of both of us.

"YES, you are. You are better than Jason, obviously. Well, I didn't know my biological dad very well... Mom or Lynn said he died in a car crash when I was like 4 or 5," I acknowledged Billie.

"Well... Oh, nevermind. Emily, you have a tragic past. Kid, you remind me of myself when I was about your age. I lost my dad when I was ten. That was probably the worst day of my life. I mean, your parents, that's the only thing we have to raise and to take care of us, y' know?" Billie answered.

"Yeah, I suppose so," I replied.
Billie asked, "Well, what do you want to watch? How do you work this thing?" Billie said having trouble with the Xbox controller while I was laughing.

"Uh... Well... What would you want to watch?" I asked while Billie was handing me the Xbox controller.

"I don't know... Maybe Stranger Things? Bullet In A Bible? Cuatro? I don't know," Billie said while he started typing in Cuatro.

"Well, have you seen Cuatro?" Billie asked.

I answered, "No."

"I guess, 'cause it has me in it, you will go to sleep," Billie said laughing. I fell asleep. That was the last thing I remembered. I looked at my phone it was 10:55, then I noticed Billie sleeping beside me, with his glasses, shirt, and pants off. I stared at him for a moment in complete utter shock and discomfort. He was sleeping with his mouth open, with drool coming out. I didn't want to wake him up, I went into the living room where I saw Adrienne sitting on the couch.