CHAPTER FIFTEEN

" I WAS so surprised by your secrets Watson."

“Give me back my son, Forester!” Watson's voice trembled. His hand gripping the telephone shivered as well as the air conditioned room turned a wind of horror.

“Would you mind him being a gift for me?” His sharp voice and triumphant laugh resonated on the other line. He knew Black won't be fighting if this ain't a win-win situation.

Watson frowned, he was helpless and wasted the few days, thinking about Harry’s condition on the hands of a fiend. He couldn't think nor decide well, one wrong move and Harry would die. The only ace left was to reunite and agree with Black’s dark plans again.

The middle aged man was certain that this plan would eradicate mankind and end every living thing on earth. “You’re not a god to decide which fate mankind would fall," he uttered, making up his mind. This time, a coward won’t rest again but would fight along with what's convenient.

THE WARMTH from the cloth that kissed her pale skin, made Greatel shivered. The frigid air brought trembling amusement for her lips. She slowly dug her nails under the soft fabric while easing the pain. There was drought as she felt her saliva travelled from her dried throat and her stomach grumbled, a sign that the Masterpiece was finally awake.

The reflection of white and yellow lights almost blinded her until a figure of a man blocked it from damaging her sight. Greatel squinted her weak eyes then blinked. The vivid color of wooden brown door met her dark brown eyes. A familiar scent of cherry blossoms along the pale brown-coated wall wrapped her awakening nerves.

"Kanojo wa okite iru." Greatel could hear the rolling of shoes and creaking of doors as the wooden surface trembled. A rough hand caressed her forehead and a wrinkled skin touched her face. She might be weak to owe a word but she knew who was it.
Did the angels finally brought her to eternal rest? She must be happy for it but it contradicted the long green curtains and brown tables beside her.

"Greatel..." A tear rolled down on her cheek. That voice seemed too old and comforting. She wasn't wrong when she lifted her head to confirm the illusions. She involuntarily touched the wrinkled, tender cheek of the old man, Hiroshima, wiping his tears away.

"You're... alive." She couldn't barely whisper.

Hiroshima nodded his head in response as he held her hand back. It was nice to hear from someone she knew was dead, was really not. Her lips curved as she continued to investigate the old man. If she was on an illusion, she wished to stay as it is, eternally.

"Dorama no jūbun'na." Whoever owned the voice was smooth enough to bring authority. Greatel's eyebrow furrowed, twisting her head, a familiar aura of a young man on his Jenbei greeted her. Her gaze then turned at Hiroshima. "You knew each other?"

The old man was about to answer but Jacob was quick enough to react. "Why wouldn't I know my Master?" Jacob answered then crossed his arms.

There was an edge of confusing swords, piercing down her thoughts. Jacob, as far as she learned was part of the notorious gang- Dark Domes. For 18 years she'd been with the old man, she never knew someone other than herself in his custody.

The urge of dried throat once felt again. She slightly massage her neck then it ran on her grumbling stomach.

"Necessities, young lady." Jacob offered a glass of water and her favorite ramen on a tray. This guy must knew a lot about her but she knew little in return.

"He is my grandson. Her mother died five years ago." Greatel almost blew the water out from her cavities. Five years? He never...

"Yet, Jacob was independently studying at Dome, his scholarship was enough to stand alone. He even refused my offer. Not until..." Hiroshima quickly stared at the young man. He's like asking a permit from him. "...he knew about the Revolutionary Experiment. His loyalty is with us," the old man continued. That explained everything. Jacob was smart enough to hit two birds in one stone and executed what has to be.