THE FINALE

The clashing of their weapons, the blood that had wasted and the censors that turned into ashes doomed when a great shake crumbled the ground. The machines dropped and surrendered before the Dark Domes and Morse's constituents, bowing their heads. They looked at each other with their knitted brows as the gates of Dome opened.

"Guess it's done," Morse remarked.

Large cracked and running water met them. The forest was left half-burnt. They could almost smell acrid in the air. The birds were no longer singing, the crickets died and the creek was filled with debris and pollution.

"Truly a destruction." Jacob almost forgot he was riding in their cab. He recognized few of the residents who were begging for vengeance in the streets while mourning over a dead body. As they travelled the long road where the trees once cast down their silhouette, he couldn't look at what's ahead. The place was severely damage, he couldn't figure out which is the woods and the tall buildings of Watson.

The engine stopped at where a debris of Dome University's name plate blocked their way. Jacob opened his car door when he saw Hiroshima on the side, under a fragmented shade of the University. His hands were shaking and lips were trembling while carrying Greatel on his arms. Jacob approached the old man and asked for her body.

"She made it." Tears welled up in his eyes.

The wind blew ruggedly as a helicopter landed beside them. Its sticker made them identified as from the International Security Agency (ISA), the Agency that governed Glass Organization and the Nation of Dome for 5 decades. Agents in blue uniform and full of authority raised their badges and handcuffed the old man. "Musashi Hiroshima, you are under arrest for the violation of Human Rights from the fraud Revolutionary Experiment last 18 years." Jacob frowned with a downcast eyes.

"You have the right to stay silent, anything you say can be used against you in any court. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you."

I SIGHED when Hiroshima did not deny nor negatively react from the case. I shifted the glass prism away and roamed my sight on the catastrophic environment. People were wailing, no one dared to crack a smile and the city that once tainted by delight vanished into misery.

Those creatures were humans. Who were easily driven and easy to fortell. I felt so evil that I couldn't even celebrate with them. I couldn't find the essence of their laughters.

My interest landed at Christopher. His flushing red face and tight fist held from his side captured my attention. His temper must be running out again.

As I heard three consecutive knocks, his features on my prism dissapeared.

"Open the door!" I just shook my head in annoyance. Here we went again.

"Christopher!" I exclaimed as if I was surprised with his visit. He had developed a lot. From his jaw line and cheek bones, to his biceps. He looked different on the prism than on reality.

Without my permission, he pushed the door open, trespassing in my premises. I must be mad at him but I held myself back for this guy had possessed a distinctive responsibility ahead this decade.

"You owe me a favor and I am here to ask for it." His bad features has never been nice, not even to me.

I acted like I was thinking. Hmm, I owe him a favor? How sure was he about his claims?

"Stop being ridiculous!" he exclaimed again. I just smirked, I do really like how his temper loses everytime I am asserting my attitude.

"You wanted me to save her life," I calmly thought, crossing my legs on my favorite chair. I've known all his plans and the world's secrets through my glass prism.

"You can turn back time." As predicted as it was. I don't understand why people, humans in particular wanted to change the past. I just sighed on his absurd statement.

"I can, but I won't." My expression automatically shifted, I wanted to play with him but there's no time. After all, we cannot change what has fated for an individual.

"I don't believe in fate." I must be amused with him. I don't need to waste my energy speaking for he already read my thoughts.

"I know, we created our own fate but there's only one fate we cannot change, and that's death," I paused for a while before I could speak again. "You better bury the dead before her body decays."

"She's not dead," he snarled.

"Okay, braindead." But still, only a few percentage could survive a coma. I've saved one and it was enough because I am more than certain that I shall survive. No wishes from humans would be granted again. Greatel was the end before a carnage took over. The future has hold a lot of twists and uncertainty, the reason why I prefer to dwell in my own palace- the past.

"I'll see, what I can do." I must admit that his request is out of my ability, but there's one thing I could assure him. The masterpiece shall rise again, not for humanity but to save her own race.

"She won't do that."

I just raised my brows in the delight of their horrors. I have seen everything and it was a satisfaction for me to offer what I could do. After all, these had all happened and was just a fragment of my past.

"You may now go, before you got me annoyed. I already assured you something and you should be grateful for that." I closed my eyes to relax and feel the comfort I once built in my abode. I blinked again when I heard the door cracked and clicked close.

"Master..." a monotonic voice called behind me. I heaved a sigh upon realizing who was it. I turned around and my gaze averted at T-DOW, a 21st century automated robot that has the same capabilities as a doctor.

"Is the operation done?" My lips curved, reattaining myself. Its rounded body trundled throughout my legs. It ended up infront me and reported, "Successfully transplanted a human heart to Subject 027."

I dropped my legs to pat its head. "Nice to hear that from you, T-DOW." The prism in my hands were sweating as I bit my lower lip. I cannot wait to sit on my throne and see how I will win my future fights against this cruel world and beings with atrocity.

"Can I see him now?"

"No..." It distant away from me like I was a dangerous creature from what I've asked. "His body was severely damaged, paralyzing his lower extremities. You cannot see him Master and that's a recommendation of T-DOW."

"Can I see him again?"

"Yes!" Its body rolled back beside me. "In due time." A large grin registered to my face. I rubbed my palms against its shining, cold head. "Good job little doctor!" In due time, I would be able to achieve my triumph. This era had opened my eyes of dismay and that was sufficient for me to value my abilities.

This century would be the last yet the remarkable one for my kind. Mankind will slowly be replace by mutants and machines- as what the future fortells me. It cost a lot even with the thought of destroying and ending myself, it's the only way to rise a new.  It took me to comatose before I understand what Forester Black wanted to create and his screams mistaken as greed- a generation of disciplined creatures.

It isn't the time yet, we failed this century.

End