(24) Greetings, Alphas

Soleil

Say, lets improvise, Alpha King. That mate of yours will be mine either way, but humor me tonight, Alpha King and maybe, just maybe I won't kill you.

Those where the exact words written down on the crumbled letter. I had clutched Damira's hand tighter as her raging wolf started surfacing, her anger skyrocketing. And I have never seen Damira this mad before. 

Whoever this guy is, we know he will be here tonight for the Annual Meeting Ball. I'm not sure whether I'm nervous or frightened. Sighing softly, I caress my long locks, the tresses curled elegantly over my shoulders. The dress wore was hard to explain. The dress itself was practically made out of the stars and the moon. It was the color of royal navy blue, silver sparkles as the stars and behind me in a trail was a silky cape. Absolutely beautiful. I caresses the silky blue length, smiling softly. Is it really okay to wear something like this, at a time like this as well? 

Shaking my thoughts away, I place my silver heels onto my feet. "Now, doesn't my mate look amazing," the familiar sound of my mates voice flutter through the room. Turning slowly, I smile widely as I find my mate dressed in a similar way. Instead of a dress like myself, Damira adorns a elegant playsuit, the galaxy theme however no cape. 

"Thank you," I reply, taking my hands in her own. "You tidy up well," Damira kisses my cheek tenderly, rubbing her nose down my neck. I resist the urge to moan as she peppers kisses between my shoulder and neck. 

"Only for you, my love." Damira purrs against my neck before kissing my nose. "Are you okay? You've been pretty quiet since..." Since the letter. 

I give her a reassuring smile, "I'm fine. Just a little worried about the Island is all." Damira hums, caressing my cheek, the pad of her thumb caressing under my eyes. 

"Me too but as their leaders, we need to be strong and reassure them all that everything will be okay." I nod slowly, leaning into her warmth. I bite my lip, the four words silently leaving my lips. "Come, we should get going. We must greet the Alphas of the North, West and South." Damira clasps my hand softly, kissing my knuckles with a cheeky smile. I roll my eyes and follow her out, the halls nearly empty bar a few Warriors. 

"What do you reckon will happen tonight?" I ask, our matching heels clicking against the marble flooring. 

"Honestly? I'm not sure. Lets just hope throwing caution in the wind is enough to help us if we get attacked." I nod silently, clutching her hand tighter. I've never been in a fight. Never seen blood and gore before. Not even in a movie. I've always been a bit skirmish watching that stuff. 

"I think we will be fine. We have the Royal Warriors and plus the Alpha's warriors coming tonight. We got this in the bag." Damira chuckles softly at my confidence, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and kissing the side of my head. 

"I love you, you know that?" My heart hammers in my chest, eyes widening at the realization. Did she...

"I-" I couldn't comprehend what just happened. I... I don't... Damira smiles softly, her grip loosening. 

"There isn't any rush, my love. Come the Alphas are about the arrive." Before I could get a word in, Damira walks us towards the entrance. Baden and Jack standing by the doors at the ready.