Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

"Wait!" Both of them turn to the voice of Joey, Una groaned aloud, turning to look at Michie, whom shrugged as she lets go of Una’s wrist. "What do you want?" Michie asked, sounding like she wanted to stay away from him as much as Una wants too.

Joey didn't pick up the obvious dislike they both have towards him, but instead he smiled and bowed, as if he's bowing to princesses. Although Una's distrust towards him, it made her giggle. "I can tell you don't trust me." He says quietly, hurt laced his tone. "But, I swear, I'm no part of them... You know. The creatures that are with the king." His voice suddenly held anger; it was obvious something had happened to him.

Una and Michie looked at him quietly, both struggling on choices they have to make. Should they trust him? Should they not? After all what has happened, it was a big risk to rust creatures like him. He coughed awkwardly and patiently waited for both of them to answer, as silence completely took over the three of them. "Who’s ‘them’?" Michie's curious voice broke the tension. Joey looked up and smiled, he sensed that they were beginning to loosen up their barrier. "I think it's not the right day to tell you this." He stated a sad expression on his face.

"I kind of trust him." Michie said. "I guess...” Una replied, looking him up and down. She wasn't very fond of him. However, she was willing to give him a chance. "So I have an idea. Where do you live Joey?" Michie asked all happy.

If it was even possible, Joey looked even sadder than he was a minute ago. "I don't exactly don't have a home. I just wander around the woods. I don't exactly have a family anymore either." Michie gasped and frowned. Soon enough her frown turned upside down when an idea came to her. "I have an idea! You can come live with Una and I!" She smiled.

"Wait what?" Una asked shocked, and a little angry, thinking Michie should have informed her first not just drop the bomb like it’s an everyday thing. "It'll be fun! Plus he knows a lot more about this world than we do." Michie reasoned, looking at Una with pleading eyes. Sometimes, Michie is just too nice for her own good.

While Michie had a pleading look, Joey had a hopeful one. Una looked at them both and groaned. "Ugh! Fine!" she said with a sigh walking away after. Michie smiled and looked at Joey before she started walking away. "She doesn't like me does she?" he asked frowning, once she had caught up with her. Michie elbowed him in the ribs. "Don't worry. She'll loosen up." she smiled.

It was then; they noticed how far they've gone. By the time they arrived at the cave, it was nearing dawn. Una and Michie gathered the edible berries and placed them on coconut shell bowls. It didn't look enough, though.

"There aren't enough berries for all of us." Una stated in irritation. "Well I can make some?" Joey suggested. "How are you going to 'make' berries?" Una rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest as if challenging him. "You know I can do magic right?" Joey said with a raised eyebrow and a grin.

"Wait - what? You can do magic?" Michie asked jumping up and down from excitement. Una was taken aback by his answer. "Yeap, after all I am an elf. We can pull a few tricks up our sleeves. But it requires some energy and lots of concentration." Joe lets out a soft chuckle; he thought they would know.

 "Well in that case we'll start a fire and you do whatever you have to do!" Michie said waving him away. Joe just chuckled and did as told.

When Michie and Una were able to start a fire, with the help of a dandy lighter, Joey had 'poofed' up some yummy human food. It was odd making them since he, only ever tasted human food once in his whole lifetime. They fixed everything up and started to eat.

Michie was happy when he thought of poofing up burgers; she had craved them so much.

They ate there food in a relaxing silence, no one bothered to speak up. Once they were all done, it was getting late they all decided to head to bed.