Chapter 9

The story is past 300 votes omg!! Thank you all so much<3 Here is the latest chapter and hope you all enjoy it!

lots of love<3

Chapter 9

Tatiana

Tatiana walked with her father and a small entourage of six soldiers through the park. They were meeting the Vasilievs here, on neutral ground, to sign the contract of their merge of convenience. After being bedridden by her mother the past few days, a walk and a chance to bask in the sun was a much needed reprieve.

They settled down on one of the wooden picnic tables found on the paved eating area in the center of the park while the rest of their entourage made themselves as inconspicuous as possible, disguising themselves among the other pedestrians near them who were enjoying the sun.

She wore a loose, white sweater dress so that her clothing didn't have to brush against her bandage, knee high boots, and her mink coat to combat the cold February day. It had been less than a week since the shooting and she was feeling much better. As long as she didn't make any excessive movement that would stretch her torso, she hardly felt any pain.

Nonetheless, it was still a terrifying experience—being shot. She had never been shot before in her whole life. Her father always tried to keep her safe from the illegal part of the family business but he could hardly continue on without her connections thanks to her mother. When she closed her eyes, she could remember how panic-stricken she had been, seeing the amount of blood leaving her, the pain, and the alarm she had felt when she couldn't hold onto her consciousness.

She shook off her thoughts. It was done. The past will stay in the past, as it always had.

She looked up when she heard footsteps approaching. Pavel Vasiliev was at the head of the group, closely followed by his son and a small entourage of guards as well. She stared at Zeke's handsome face, his nose red from the cold, the sharp planes of his face even more prominent in the light that shone overhead. He wore a classic black suit not unlike the one his father wore, underneath a long black trench coat that in contrast made his eyes seem brighter as they looked into her own. She tore her eyes away from his, smiling at Pavel as he smiled at her in greeting.

"Antonio, it's good to see you again," Pavel said as he held out his hand.

Her father held his own out and they shook hands. "Likewise, Pavel." He nodded at Zeke in greeting before he gestured for them to sit in front of them on the table. They settled down, their entourage dispersing into the park.

"I have the contracts with me here." Pavel reached into his coat for a thin folder. He took out two copies of a contract, laying them down in front of them.

"Everything is completely authentic, dictating the nature of our groups' involvements with each other," Pavel said, pushing the papers towards Antonio. "I've already signed both. You may take them with you if you need time to go over them before signing. I can just have a messenger come by to pick them up."

Antonio waved him off. "No need, I trust your word," he said, producing a pen from his person and signing them both in a flourish. He took one of the copies, folded it, and tucked it into his coat. Pavel did the same.

"I hope you don't think me rude but I must leave now. I have a meeting in a few minutes and the traffic in this city is absurd," her father said and the two Dons shared a laugh.

"I understand perfectly," Pavel said as he stood. "I should get on the road before the rush hour as well. Zeke?" Pavel prompted, looking at his son who was looking at her.

"I'd like to stay a while," Zeke said, looking at his father briefly before turning his gaze back to hers. "I want to enjoy the sun while it's out."

Pavel only nodded, shrugging at his son before bowing to them slightly in parting, leaving the park. Most of the guards followed Pavel but two broke away and stayed behind with Zeke, to protect him, she was assuming.