ten

// not edited //

Laura

Waiting for people is something I've never dreamed of. I've always hated the thought of patience and diligence, and yet here I am sitting and waiting for some stupid band to come in for their songwriting session.

Did I mention they were thirty minutes late?

I roll my pencil between my fingers as I think about what Ross saw yesterday. He saw my scars, the ones I made back in New York, the ones I made because I missed him, the ones I made because of him.

I never really enjoyed the fact that I missed Ross while I was gone, and I hate even entertaining the idea of still having feelings for him, and yet that seems to be what keeps me up at night.

A boy who's moved on and no longer cares about my sad poor little life, even though I now have a degree in college and deserve much more than being a songwriter for his band, it just can't get any worse.

"Hey, sorry we were late, traffic was horrible," Riker said coming into the studio. I look up and see him setting his bag down and drinking some water. Then enters Rydel Ratliff and Rocky, all laughing about something, and I'm sure Ratliff said it, he's always someone to make people laugh.

"Hey Laura," Rydel greets and waves at me.. I return the smile with a fake one and turn back to my lyric sheet, not really interested in what everyone else was doing.

Just then Ross walks in, with Rose.

I know I shouldn't say it, but it does make me sad seeing him with another girl. It's just that I guess I didn't expect him to move on so quickly, especially after telling me that he truly loved me, but that was probably all lies. Probably out of pity for some unknown reason.

"Hi Laura," Rose says, also waving at me. I look up and once again fake smile, and nobody hear could ever know it was fake, except the blonde headed boy over in the corner puring himself some coffee.

He knows everything about me, and vice versa.

He's wearing an orange snapback with a white tanktop and sweatpants. I literally cannot understand why Rose doesn't see herself as incredibly lucky, because I would, and I did.

But none of that's important now, because now, it's my time to show this stupiud band and this stupid group they call a songwriting team what I can actually do.

"Alright, Rocky, can you play the melody once over again, I might need some adjustments," I said, speaking up. Everyone looks at me while Rocky just smiles and plays the melody for me.

I listen as intently as I can, trying to avoid all of the eyes beating down on me as if I was an outcast. He finishes and I thank him, sitting back down to tweek some notes and play around with the order.

"Listen guys, I have big news," Ryland says, walking into the studio. I don't acknowledge that he's there, but I am listening. "What's that?" Rydel asked, waiting in anticipation.

"Well, now that your bonus tracks are done, HollyWoood Records has really stepped up their game and decided they need to take you guys to the next level," Ryland said.

"So, they told me to tell you that they think your next album is going to be really amazing, but they want your inspiration to come from somewhere else, something a bit more define," Ryland continued. If he''s going where I think he's going, then I'm doing a happy dance, because this means I won't need to write with them anymore!

"They're sending you to New York for two months," Ryland exclaimed and the band cheered. They're in for a let down, NY isn't all that great.

"However, they need some of you to stay back, so they've selected two of you to go and three to stay back," Ryland said.

Please, let Ross go to New York, that would make everything so easy.

"Ross, you're going," Ryland said and I jumped for joy on the inside. "And Ratliff," he concluded.

"Oh and they want to send Laura too since she lived in New York and can help you write songs," Ryland finished and then my whole world stopped.

Everything stopped.

I dropped my pencil to the floor, and tightly closed my eyes, wishing this was a dream.

But it wasn't, this is reality, not a dream.

And as much as I wish it was a dream, it's not one the appears to be happy.

And in the end, I feel this dream is going to have a very bad ending.

_______________________

a/n- hey there guys...

uhm, what just happened

sorry I didn't edit the chapter, i wanted to get it up for you guys

comment or vote, whatever floats your boat (:

love you

haileexoxo