Who Will I Go Out With?

Y/N glanced at Parappa and smiled. She/he/they then looked at the desk in front of her/him/them. He's so fun to be with and his smile is so cute... I wish I-- "Y/N?"

Y/N's mind returned to reality. She/he/they saw Parappa standing in front of her/him/them. "What's going on, Parappa?" Y/N asked, blushing. "Class is over and you were just sitting here. I wanted to know if you're alright or not," Parappa replied. "Oh, okay..."

Y/N put away her/his/their books and got off her/his/their seat. How would Parappa react if I confessed my feelings to him?

...

"Parappa, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well... Well, I... Uh... I... I... I like you! Will you go out with me?"

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! ...Oh wait. You're serious?"

"Yes..."

"..."

"..."

"I'm sorry."

Y/N's heart dropped as she/he/they thought of being rejected. She/he/they slowly walked out of the room and into the hallway, ambling at a calm pace. Except, of course, she/he/they didn't feel very calm.

Y/N saw Katy and went over to her. "Katy... Can you help me with something?" Y/N queried. "What do you need help with?" Katy asked. Y/N sighed. "I need help with... Nevermind, forget it."

"Oh, come on! You can tell me," Katy replied. "Can you help with setting me up on a date with someone?" Y/N enquired. "Sure! Who do you have in mind?" Katy asked.

"Well... Fine, I'll tell you." Y/N leaned over and whispered, "It's Parappa." "Wait - you love Parappa?" Katy queried. "Yes..." Y/N responded, quietly.

"Don't worry! I'll set you both up and I'll get you two together! By the end of the date, I'm sure he'll be completely in love with you!" "Alright, but be sure not to mention me..."

Meanwhile...

"Mm..." Parappa was staring at his food, but his mind was elsewhere. What would Katy say if I asked her out?

...

"Hey, Katy, will you go out with me?"

"There's no way I'm going out with you!"

...Okay, then. What about Paula?

...

"Paula, will you go out with me?"

"No, sorry. You're not really my type."

...What about Sunny?

"Will you go out with me, Sunny?"

"No way!"

...What about Y/N?

"Hey, Y/N, will you go out with me?"

"..."

"..."

"Sure..."

But then again, I think she/he/they would only agree because she/he/they wouldn't want to hurt my feelings. And she's/he's/they're way better than me! She's/he's/they're so wonderful, but she'll/he'll/they'll never love me... Oh, who will I go out with?!

"Parappa!"

"Parappa!" Parappa fell from shock and realised that Matt was trying to say something to him. "Eh?! What's happening?!" Parappa asked.

"We should be asking you that," PJ stated. "Yeah, what's going on?" Matt enquired. "Um..."

"Hey, Parappa!" "Oh! Hey, Katy! What's going on?" "Be sure to go to the park at 6. Someone will be waiting for you there." "Um... Okay."

~~

Who's going to meet me here? Parappa turned his head left, then right. It's almost 5 minutes past 6. Shouldn't they be here by now?

"Sorry for turning up late... P-P-Parappa..." Parappa turned his head and saw Y/N. "Hi, Y/N... So you're here to see me?" Parappa questioned. Y/N nodded her/his/their head.

"Yeah..." Y/N answered. "Okay... What are we going to do, exactly?" Parappa asked. "Bungee jumping!" Y/N replied. "Eh?!"

Y/N chuckled. "Don't worry! I'm just kidding," Y/N told him. "Thank god! But... you didn't tell me why we're here. Are we... going on a date or something?" Parappa queried. "I mean... Katy wanted to set me up on a date with you, for some reason," Y/N muttered. "What? Why?" Parappa asked.

"I... I'll tell you later..." Y/N replied, "How about we go on a walk together?" "Okay!" Parappa responded. "Right. Let's go."

~~

"So... Why did Katy set us up on a date?" Parappa asked. "Well... I asked her to," Y/N answered. Y/N stopped walking. "And I also have something r-really important to tell you! Please d-don't laugh or make fun of me when I tell you because... it takes a lot of c-courage to say this!"

"What is it?" Parappa queried. "We've been friends for a while and... I just... I don't want us to be just friends anymore..." Y/N told him. "But why?" Parappa asked. "That's because... P-P-Parappa, I... I... I want us to be more than friends! I like you as something more than just a friend!" Y/N exclaimed as her/his/their eyes teared up.

"Y/N..." "W-what?" Y/N prepared for rejection. "I..." Y/N lowered her/his head, so Parappa doesn't see the tears her/his/their eyes. "I... Wait, Y/N... Are you alright?"

Parappa lifted Y/N's head and saw the tears in her/his/their eyes. "Y/N, why are you sad?" Parappa enquired. "It's not important..." Y/N replied. "It's important to me," Parappa told her/him. Y/N stayed silent.

"Y/N... It's just that... I care about you. I always have. I really didn't know you liked me and... I... I still can't say it!" Parappa yelled. "W-what can't you say...?" Y/N asked.

Parappa's face turned completely red. "I... I like you, too." They slowly leaned towards each other. Y/N and Parappa then hugged each other.

"What did I tell ya'? I told you that they were going to be completely in love with each other by the end of the date!" Katy whispered. "To be fair, they already liked each other," PJ stated. "Aww, they're so sweet together!" Sunny said quietly, smiling.
______________________________________

Okay, that was pretty long! Anyway, I hope you all liked it!

~Miki