~What a Coincidence!~ P5

Due to my absence from school the next day, I left Yoruko worried about me, which was reasonable. The school year had just begun and I was already missing, so of course she was concerned for my health and safety. My curiosity grew and grew throughout the day of how Yoruko would react to such a story about my house burning and WIZARD BOY saving somebody like me, the Ultimate Animator!

Yoruko's date with Sora grew nearer, so I wondered if she would even text me tonight or just ask me in person. Either way, at around 6:00pm I made the decision to send Yoruko a lengthy text summarizing the eventful part of my day.

Of course, Yoruko immediately called me, sounding very concerned, yet she claims she isn't THAT concerned since I'm clearly okay now, but aside from that, the interaction went like this:

↓↓

Yoruko: "[Y/N]! Are you hurt at all...?!"

[Y/N]: "Believe it or not, no one was even remotely hurt!"

[Y/N]: "Anywayyy, I knew you really DID care!"

Yoruko: "H-huh?! What are you even saying?! You're perfectly fine now, s-so why should I care that much...?!"

[Y/N]: "That kinda hurts, Yoruko... My house was literally on fire..."

[Y/N]: "No reason to be such a tsundere around me... I don't think that you like me romantically or something, so it's kinda unnecessary. Plus, I'm totally the reason that you have a dat-"

Yoruko: "W-what? You just paused suddenly...! Well, whatever, I'd rather change the subject... So, why do you think MIKADO came? Literally no one trusts him!"

[Y/N]: "Huh? It's not uncommon to see Iroha talking to Mikado after school, so she must trust him..."

Yoruko: "He could be doing or saying anything to poor Iroha... There are a variety of nasty rumors about the two of them..."

[Y/N]: "Huh?! I assumed they were just friends and nothing was exactly going on between them!"

Yoruko: "Well, no one knows anything. Anyway, I assume they aren't DATING, but if they were..."

Yoruko: "Wait, [Y/N], you sound kinda jealous... Don't want Mr. Wizard to have his eyes on other people..?!"

[Y/N]: "You know it's not like that! That would be... Cliche. I hate rushed cliche stories... Or rushed cliche romance animes!"

Yoruko: "But the attention feels nice, doesn't it~??"

[Y/N]: "W-well, perhaps- Wait no! Like... Him holding me bridal style, o-or like how you hold a baby is just embarrassing! My mothers were watching!"

Yoruko: "You must have left out that detail before... He probably likess you!"

[Y/N]: "Oh stop. You KNOW he doesn't, and I don't want him to either. I'm proud of being single."

Yoruko: "I don't know whether to believe that or not... Either way, don't worry, [Y/N]..."

[Y/N]: "Eh? What do you mean?"

Yoruko: "I mean I'll help you get together with the guy that stole your heart like Joker steals hearts in palaces ((that's a Persona 5 reference for those who don't know))!"

~~

And with that, Yoruko hung up the phone, leaving me in utter disbelief. Was Yoruko REALLY going to try to hook me and Mikado up...? She couldn't, could she?

Deciding to distract myself, I left my room and my house in general in search of a card and flowers for my hero.... My hero who will NOT become my boyfriend because SOMEBODY decided to interfere!

I don't think using this little mission as a distraction was a well thought out idea, since I almost walked into a stranger while walking to a small shop. It was a gloomy day and slight rain drizzled over the streets and sidewalks. The large glass windows outside of shops remained dry, since there had been something placed above the window just in case there had been bad weather and somebody wished to take a peek inside of the shop.

Just as I reached my destination and gripped the sliver doorknob, a warm hand was accidentally placed over my generally COLD HAND. I expected to see a complete stranger and then be faced with a quick apology, but it was who I LEAST expected to see here. It was no other than Mikado.

"Oh, my apologies... Ms. Akamatsu...?!" Mikado had said, seemingly shocked to see me. "It is in fact raining... Where is your umbrella?" "Oh, my umbrella...?" I started, my mind filled with a million thoughts and my face beet red. "I... I was unaware of the weather, so I left it at home...."

"My, my, we wouldn't want you soaking wet, now would we?" As Mikado said that, I swear I saw the famous Miu Iruma walking by, smirking. "Here, take my umbrella. I don't really need one, after all."

"Okay, t-thank you... I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school.... Friday, right?" I stupidly asked. "Yes it is. And that is true, I will see you tomorrow, classmate." He said, and then disappeared into the same shop I WAS GOING into to buy HIM a thank-you card and flowers.

I proceeded to walk into the shop, too, and was greeted by the lovely sent of flowers and perfume. The whole shop had a lovely feel to it, and was run by a single elderly lady who was known for being extremely kind and empathetic. I couldn't help but wonder what Mikado wanted in here... Perhaps a gift for his girlfriend Iroha...? Actually, I can't go around assuming that they are a thing.... I haven't seen anything that should convince me that that's the case...

I browsed through the cards and flowers on display, finding very goofy cards that I wanted to avoid, but eventually finding a perfect thank-you card and lovely flowers. After I picked the right card and flowers, I walked to the lady running the shop and purchased the items.

As I exited the shop, I had noticed that the rain was now pouring quite hard, leaving me with a depressed and lonely feeling... I quite often think about how I don't have someone special, and very little people love me in any sense... Or like me at all...

I should just quickly go home before I get memories of the past.