Chapter 9

Ariel's P.O.V

It's been two weeks since I've started meeting with Dr. Tompkins. She's really nice. We usually meet at her apartment or the G.C.P.D. I prefer it when we meet at her apartment, though every time I walk into the G.C.P.D, Jim's partner looks at me like he wants to shoot me. "Alright we've been talking but you keep dancing around the topic. What happened between you and Jerome?" I sigh.

"He was different around me."

"What do you mean?"

"He was gentle, sweet, caring. One night he snuck into the penthouse, and I was having a nightmare he woke me up to make sure I was okay. Then he stayed with me the entire night." I explain to her. 

"Alright anything else you wanna talk about?" I shake my head. "I think one or two more meetings should do it." 

"Ok. I should get going tell Jim I say Hi." I head home. When I get there I see Silver sitting in the living room. 

"Hello cousin." She says not even looking at me.

"Silver, how nice to see you again." I force a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Uncle Theo invited me to stay here until the plan is complete." She explains. "He thought it was necessary because you're... unstable." I walk away before I do something I'll regret. Like kill her. I'm in my room reading a book when daddy walks in.

"Why is she here?"

"Because she's closer in age to Bruce Wayne." 

"Or is because I'm unstable?" 

"Ariel that has nothing to do with it." He says in a soft voice.

"Oh, really because that's not what Silver said." He sighs.

"Ariel, please you have to understand I just want to keep you safe."

"Just leave me alone." I say before going back to my book. He leaves and I start thinking about whether to tell Detective Gordon the truth about who broke them out of Arkham. After a few hours I fall into a dreamless sleep.

When I wake up, I go to see if my devil of a cousin is still here or if it was a bad dream. When I walk into the living room she's still here. She is. "Tell daddy I'm going out and I'll be back later." I ask her. He nods and I head to the G.C.P.D. When I get there, I find Jim. "Detective Gordon, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, what is it?" 

"You're investigating my father right?" 

"Yes, why?" He asks hesitantly. I take a deep breath.

"He broke The maniax out of Arkham. He's behind all the attacks, including the one during the benefit." 

"Are you sure?" I nod.

"Tell Bruce to be careful around him and the rest of my family, please?" After that I head to get some coffee then I head to the library. I smile as I walk in, I grab a couple of books and head to check them out. After I check out the books, I head home.