Charter Four

• Dedicated kay April Rose Destreza Ganados

******Chapter Four******

-Alex’s POV-

“Nica, wait” sabi ko.

“Couldn’t you get any faster? Kahinay pud ani niya mulakaw uy” she said, not understanding the last part. I know I’m a boy. But I’m new to this hiking stuff. We’re going to the top of the hill to see something she wants to show me. Actually it’s her mom’s request to tour me around. The hill is getting steeper and she’s still good at climbing. She’s really an awesome girl. “We’re here” she declares.

 “at last.” I said in relief.  “Answer me honestly, okay. Are you a boy who literally looks like a girl? Because you climb like one.”  I added. I know she’s a girl but having this energy and strength is not usual to girls.

“What will you do if I say, I am?” she faced me and she sounds… fret?

“Are you serious?”  I said while my eyes widen. I haven’t faced her yet. Because I’m still getting rid of this mud on my shoes.

“of course not! Do I look like a boy?” she said while her hand travel to her hips and look more like a scolding mother. This time, I face her. Then I laugh at her because she had a mud in her face and it look like a mustache.

 “No one knows. You look like a boy when you have a mustache.” I said.

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” She said sarcastically. “So here is our last spot. This is where the sun set. The view is really great. It’s really my favorite part” she said. And she’s right. It’s beautiful, as beautiful as her. She had this big, dark chocolate eyes and long lashes. Her face is… calming.

“How did you know this place?” I ask

“It’s where my mom and I used to hang-out. But she got busy, so we don’t have any chance” she said.

We just sat there, watching the amazing view of Cebu.

I woke up from the rays of the sun. That memory flashed in my dreams just made my day worth facing for. I still had the hope that I will see her again.

She’s the girl that never leaves my mind since the last time I visit here. We’re still seven that time.

 I wonder what she’s up to now. I’m sure she’s now in college. What school is she studying? Maybe, I should start looking for her.

I automatically prepare myself to school. Then, I immediately went to school because I still need to see my old friends. After a five minute drive, I arrived at school and meet up with my friends at the school ground. I enter the school campus and I’m not blind to notice the girls drooling around. But I’m used to it so it’s not a big deal.

“Dude!” Xian called.

He came with James. Or known as DJ or Daniel James. But I’m used to call him James.

“Hey, dude” I reply with our man hand shake. “what’s up with him?” I ask. I notice James being so silent, and it seems like his thinking of something.

“He can’t get over with the girl she saw last night. He said, she got this man power in her fist that makes the face of the guy in the bar mess up.” he said.

“Ooh…She blows him away” I stated.

“Yeah… real hard” Xian agreed.

Xian and James are my friends since we were young. Xian is the bad boy of the campus and he’s also called a man-whore. James is like the golden boy and me… the coolest man ever lived. It’s not me who name myself, everyone did. Even my friends in New York did.

“Anyways, Kevin and Richard are coming for a vacation” Xian said

“Wait…Did I hear you right? Kevin and Richard are coming?” James said in shock.

Finally, he’s in the same world with us. But anyway, Kevin and Richard are one of our crowds together with James’ twin brother, Luke.

“Yeah James, and I’m not sure if Luke comes along.” Xian said.

“Nah… he won’t leave New York. His girls are in there.” James stated.

“Yeah, I totally agree.” I said. I checked the time and found out that I only have three minutes to go to my next subject. So I leave them and says goodbyes.

First subject in the morning, Advance Physics.

*

-Monique’s POV-

First period in the morning. Advance Physics. Ang gangda nga raw ko noh? Right in time. Pagpasok ko sa room, wala pa ang professor pero marami-rami na rin ang students sa loob. Umupo ako sa may likuran kung saan my tatlong bakanteng upuan. Umupo ako malapit sa pintuan, right in time nang pumasok ang professor namin. May biglang umupo sa desk sa tabi ko. Tiningnan ko ang tumabi sa akin… Jared ata ang pangalan niya. Isa siyang nerd type na lalake, kulot ang buhok at may malaking itim na glasses pa. Kamukha niya si Matt Evans.

“Okay class, this time I want you to pa—“ hindi natapos ni sir Magala ang kanyang sasabihin dahil may late na student ang nag-interrupt ng klase. “Mr. Stanford, you’re late”

“The important sir is, I’m here” he said with a smirk. Naghanap siya ng bakanteng upuan pero naupuan na lahat maliban sa tabi ni Matt Evans-este Jace. At naglanding ang mata niya sa akin. Eroplano lang ang peg.

Iba ang tingin niya, parang masaya na parang nagaalangan. Anong nakain ng mokong na toh?

Lumapit siya kay Jace at tinitigan ng masama. Tumayo si Jace at umupo sa kabilang upuan. Matalino nga siya. Na gets niya agad ang ibigsabihin ng mokong na to. Umupo si Alex sa tabi ko at tinitignan ko lang siya habang ginagawa niya ‘yun.

“I know my face is irresistible, but you don’t have to make it too obvious.” Sabi niya pagkatapos ay tinitigan ako.  Sabog ba ang utak nito?

“wag kang feeling. Hindi yan healthy” sabi ko. May sasabihin pa sana siy kaso nagsalita na nag profs a harapan.

“ so, as I was saying, I want you to pare up for  an activity. This is a take home activity and to be pass tomorrow.” Sabi ng professor. “ I will let you pick a partner that you’re comfortable with. The information will be send in our school website.

Wow, high-tech na talaga ang mundo ngayon. “partner kita huh.” may nagsalita.

“ano naman ang matatanggap ko kung makikipag pair ako sayo?” tanong k okay Alex.

“masosolo mo ‘ko?” sabi niya. Seryoso ba siya? Tinitigan ko siya habang nakaangat ang kaliwang kilay ko. “come on… don’t tell me, gusto mong ka pair ang isang to?” tinuro niya si Jace. Anong meron sa lalaking to? Over Acting.

“Bakit hindi? Matalino siya. Pwedeng, siya na ang sumagot sa lahat ng questions at ako ay magpapahinga habang kumakain at nanunuod ng movie.” Sabi ko. With a smile.

“ That suppose to be me, kung makikipag pair ka.” Sabi niya. Of course, may pagkatamad nman talaga ang lalaking ‘to pagdating sa school works.  Magsasalita na sana ako pero naunahan niya ako. “BUT, I won’t do that, of course. I’ll… do my best to contribute something in our uhm… assignment” sabi niya with a smile.