Prologue

In a time quite different from ours, there is a little town named Glanchester. This town was a peaceful one for the most part and all the townies went about their days without a care in the world. However, the same cannot be said for when night falls. Humans are not the only ones who roam the land, they share the earth with other creatures. These beings plague the lands and are constantly on the prowl but they show up most frequently at night.

          Nevertheless, if a human were to go outside for whatever reason they would be left at the mercy of Mother Nature. Humans have lived in fear of these creatures since the beginning and kept their distance preserving their species. But for this nightmare to truly come to an end, there must be peace among everyone.

"Adam...Adam! It's time for dinner!" A short woman called, presumably his mother. "Adam? Adam!" she scanned the surrounding neighborhood as she saw other families bring their children in.

The short lady grabbed the shotgun that sat perched above the doorframe, quickly donned her coat and boots. "Dominic! I'm heading out to get Adam!"

"Wait!" rapid footsteps sounded as the said male descended the stairs. Dominic took ahold of his wife and kissed her forehead as he embraced her.

"Stay safe, Paulita." He spoke just above a whisper.

She nodded and swung the shotgun over her shoulder, exiting the house. Paulita mounted one of the town's hunter horses. "Let's go, Denise."

~Elsewhere~

          High pitched shrieks echoed throughout the forest as a little redheaded girl sprinted, occasionally looking back at her pursuers. Her breathing rapid and trying as best as she could to avoid getting caught on nearby branches but that didn't stop fate from letting her trip on a loose rock. The red head fell, flopping in the snow and attempted to crawl away. Her efforts in vain as a figure towered over her.

"Just do it," she said weakly "put me out me of my misery."

Not long after, the redheaded girl was attacked with a barrage of tickles on her sides, under her armpits, neck and stomach. She soon let out rambunctious squeals and uncontrollable laughter as she fumbled with her words.

"Oh-okay! Alri-HAHAHA! You win! Youwinyouwinyouwin!" She chortled out.

A boy with raven hair and toothy grin was the first to stop. "Alright guys, Illy's had enough."

The other children ceased their tickle attacks and let Illy catch her breath.

"Why...do I always...get...stuck...playing the 'human'?" Illy panted looking at her friends.

"Because you always show up late to the hideout. The rule states; 'Last one there is a cowardly human.'" Amy recited, her English accent prominent.

Jaiden handed Illy her glasses that had fallen off during the tumble. "But can we at least choose a different punishment for the loser?" she suggested.

"Yeah, this would've been my forth pair of broken glasses."

Adam piped up balling his fists in excitement. "C'mon! We still have time for one more game."

"Instead of a game why don't we tell stories?" Tim wiggled his fingers eerily with a poor attempt at a creepy smile.

This however was enough to make Jaiden quiver. The six children made their way back to a small little hut of twigs and leaf braches. A sign hung over the hut which read 'Fort Wakamichi' in yellow paint. They huddled in the small space with an even smaller fire in the middle of them to help their sight.

"I'll start us off." Adam said confidently, rubbing his hands together.

Once upon a time, there was a man who was lost in the storm and he decided to stay at an old inn.