47

May 5th

Dear Santa,

It's not that I don't trust you.. I'm just wondering. I'm sorry if it came out offensive, but can you please answer my question? Why do you know so much about us? Are you hiding something else from me?

Sincerely,
Karina

──×××──

May 6th

Dear Karina,

I've given this letter a lot of thought before finally writing it. You may hate me for this, but I think it's about time. I don't want to ruin your fantasy, I don't want you to stop believing in Santa.. but I also don't want to keep lying to you anymore.

Santa is not real. You would always wish to him when you were little, but none of them came true. I knew you since you were seven years old, and I wanted to make you happy ever since you turned thirteen. By that time, I already had the ability to grant your wishes. You would always put your letters inside your mailbox even though you knew that you have to go to the post office. But for once, did you ever wonder that even though you're doing it in the wrong way, you're still receiving replies?

All I ever wanted was to make you happy. I know that everything we have been through might be just one of those old memories that you will never want to recall by the time that you read this, but I just want you to know that I was true to myself all this time.. and I hope that you will still be able to understand me even if my chances after this are low.

Sincerely,
Kim Minjeong/Winter