DOHFY: chapter 1

The sun smiled brightly down on the wide expanse of the lawn where children of varying ages ran around, laughing and playing. Inside of the large mansion whose yard they were playing on, a young woman with short black hair and bright green eyes stood in the kitchen preparing dinner with the aid of two other young women.

“...don’t think there’s anything we can do about it,” said one of the other young women with a sigh, setting a pot on the counter. She had short wavy brown hair and dark brown, almost black eyes. She was relatively short compared to the other two, and she had a curvy stature. Her eyes were framed with rectangular black glasses.

The last young woman had very wavy medium-length light brown hair and brown eyes. She too, wore glasses, and she was the tallest of the three. She gave the second woman a frustrated look.

“Well, I don’t plan on sitting around waiting for it to happen, Beka,” she said in an irritated manner.

“Shimashi, Beka, if you two are done fighting, I could use some help here,” said the first woman with a smile.

“Sorry, Delia!” said Shimashi and Beka in unison, both returning to work to help Delia.

“I can’t understand how you two can be so similar, yet disagree,” commented Delia, cracking open an egg.

“The thing is, I don’t lose my temper,” explained Shimashi with a laugh.

“Oh, by the way you two, Ciel’s asthma suddenly came back. He caught a cold and he threw up, he’s resting right now and Sebastian’s with him. He should be okay,” said Beka with a sigh.

“Thanks for the warning,” said Shimashi, giving Beka a thumbs up. Delia turned to them, surprised.

“Wait, Ciel has asthma?” she asked.

“Yeah, didn’t you know?” asked Shimashi in a surprised voice. “It’s technically ‘healed’ because he hasn’t had it for years, but it can suddenly come back.”

“No,” said Delia quietly. She cleared her throat. “No, I didn’t know that.”