1.0 / Prologue

1.0 / PROLOGUE

————

-INDY-

@indyalexander: SELFISH out now!! poured my all into this one. i hope you love it. xoxoxo, indy

Today was the day that I dropped the most personal single I've ever written. Heartfelt, deep, and straight from experience. I was so nervous to drop this song; Selfish, it was called. It was different than my normal upbeat-ish music. I was lucky to have a fanbase that was so dedicated and loyal. I had been dropping teasers of this song here and there recently, so they were beyond ready to hear it. I knew that they'd love it.

My happiness simply could not be contained as I watched the uplifting feedback stream in from my fans.

——

-CALUM-

I took my headphones out of their case the second I saw that Selfish by Indy Alexander was out. I then placed them over my ears, drowning out the sounds of my best friends/bandmates as they all went on with their pre-show rituals, and replacing it with her words.

"Boy, you're such a lost cause

Now your name is crossed off

How you gonna fix this?

You can't even fix yourself"

Indy's angelic voice rang through my ears as I paid close attention to the lyrics of her new single. It was a really beautiful song, talking about a brutal past relationship, from what I gathered.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a 'crush' on this Indy Alexander. Do I know her? No, not at all. The music industry is constantly growing and a lot of people tend to make the assumption that all celebrities know each other. I wish I knew this girl. She was such a talented singer and songwriter. She has the most impressive vocal range and ability of anyone else I've heard these days. So I guess that I'd also be lying if I said I'm not a fan of hers as well. But yeah, I definitely had a celebrity crush, I guess you could call it. She was just truly the prettiest girl I'd ever seen.

After listening to the song a few more times, I took my headphones off so that I could do my own pre-show ritual. Not before I sent out a tweet, though.

@calum5SOS: if you haven't heard it yet, i recommend giving @indyalexander's newest single, selfish, a listen. been a fan for a while now, but this song is a game changer. written so intricately and sung so beautifully. can't wait to hear more.

**********

ahh hi!!! i really don't know if people still use wattpad anymore but i really hope so!! this is the prologue/first chapter of my new story, Say You Want Me! idk i've been writing a lot during quarantine and this is the result of it. 

a few quick things for this story: 

- music wise, indy will be based off of a mixture of ariana grande and madison beer. so with this, i mean that a lot of the songs in this story will most likely be a song by one of these two girls so get ready for that!!!

- selfish, the song mentioned in this, is by madison beer but obviously going to be indy's song in the story!!!

- i know that CALM just came out last month, but this story is going to take place right after the youngblood era!!! so the 5sos boys will just be getting done with the tour and are about to start writing for the fourth album

- i'm not a perfect writer!!! i have flaws and i also change details of the boys lives, meaning that the story will not always be 100% accurate to real life aspects of calum hood, or any 5sos member for that matter!!!

ok ok ok!! if you're reading this, ENJOY!! vote, comment, leave feedback, do it all :) xoxoxo