seven.

the next day, hyunjin and jeno started talking but not that much. they aren’t acquaintances anymore which is a good thing for them. hyunjin would constantly tease him if they see each other at corridors and stairways and would proceed to their destination afterwards. this has been their routine ever since and they are both contented about it.

at the moment, they are having a performance task which is making a timeline about the china’s history about dynasties by partner. the students find it lame but they can’t do anything about ut since they’re tackling about asian history.

the teacher’s now forming them by pairs. the students realized that the formation is based on class number. when hyunjin heard her classmates complaining, she thought if her partner isn’t responsible enough. she has set her standards about her partner simple enough to be achieved by anyone. it is to be responsible and is not a dumbbell. having a cool personality is a bonus for her because she won’t lie when her back hurts for carrying all the conversations she wish to continue.

she felt a soft tap at her shoulder, then she looks back. jeno asks, “hey. what is your class number?”. her eyebrows furrows and answers, “7th. are you?”. he shakes his head and mouths ‘no’. he points jaemin who’s currently daydreaming and staring outside. she has no problem about jaemin having her partner since she knows jaemin is also a cool guy and has heard about him before.

hyunjin’s face glooms but when the teacher called their names, “lee jeno and kim hyunjin. please use this time to discuss about your project.”, hyunjin glares at jeno whilst the latter chuckles and rubs his nape.

she rolls her eyes and says, “you know i want to kill you right now, right?”. jeno now learns that you should not annoy hyunjin but he still finds it cute. he tries to calm her by fanning her but it has no effect so he decided to waste his money. “shut up. i’ll treat you later.”

she sighs and immediately gives in, fine. where should we meet for this lame project?”. she asks.

“uhm. just meet me outside the school.” hyunjin just nods and moves her seat more closer to him. they studied their project so that it won’t be hard for them later.