Compare

Seulgi's POV

Have you ever felt like you are jusst being used by a person just to forget the person that left them? In my case I felt that and it hurts like you are slowly being stabed in the heart by a knife. Let me tell you about my story.

Irene and I got introduced by our common friend Joy. Irene is a bright and cheerful person. She has an angelic face that you can't get easily. From a total stranger we become friends. Then I developed my feelings towards her. But there's a big problem she is still in the process of moving on even if it happens 4 years ago. I can't blame her it's her first love.

"Irene can I ask you something?" She hummed as an answer. " Do you still love Wendy?" She then leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I will lie if I said no. But when you are around I have the tendency to forget her." It sucks to be honest but what can I do.

"Just forget about it Irene it's not your fault after all. It's nobodies fault to be honest." I patted her back.

"Seulgi I wished I have met you much earlier I can just be true to you."

"It's ok I am like that at first. I relied on other person's comfort just to forget my bitter past.Yes loneliness will eat you up to the point where you will break and crushed into pieces. But as the time goes by I learned on to stand up on my own.  So you can do it too." I looked at her lovingly.

"But our case are totally different from each other. She cheated on you but in my case the cause of our break up because Wendy died due to cancer." I can see the tears forming on her eyes.

"Remember this Irene nobody wants Wendy to die. It's not your fault it's not like you abandon her on her death bed. No you stayed with her until her last breath. Do you think that she would be happy to see you crying like that?"

"No" she simply answered.

"So stop crying she wants your happiness Irene. She doesn't want that tears flowing down to your eyes."

I comfort her until she stopped crying. Time passed by my fellings towards her just grew. I confess to her about my feelings and she accepted it. But I can see that her heart is still with Wendy. I thought that my biggest rival to her is an alive man but I am wrong. My biggest rival is her ex girlfriend who died.

I admit I'm losing to a dead person. I'm am being compered to Wendy all the time and it is killing me. We are fighting at our apartment.

"God seulgi what's on your mind! How can you forget that it's my mom's birthday!"

"Hey calm down babe I greeted her as soon as I woke up. Ther is a sudden meeting with the investor that's why I couldn't come."

"So the investors are much more important than my mother. If its Wendy she-"  she pushed a lot of buttons on her statement I can't control my anger anymore.

"Wendy! Wendy! For fuck sake Irene stop mentioning that name! Stop compering me to another person because I'm not her! I know that you Love her more than me I accepted it whole heartedly. Can you give me some fucking respect Irene. Stop compering me to a dead person Because I am alive and I am a person not a tool that you just use when you want to forget Wendy! You know it's like you are slowly killing me by comparing to her yes I'm alive in your eyes but deep inside me I'm already dead!"  I did not bothetlr to look at her after what I said. I turnedy back to her and about to walk away but then she hugged me I can hear her sobs.

"I am sorry Seulgi. I'm very sorry I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I'm really sorry for everything I say for comparing you to her. Just tell me what you want I will give it to you just forgive me." Irene pleaded.

"I only want is your heart Irene just that. I didn't say that you should forget Wendy because she's your first love. she's your past but I'm your present and future Irene. That's the only thing that I want your love." She hugged me very tight like she's about to lose me. I love this feeling. The feeling of her true fellings for me.

After that fight we became stronger. We now talk things out as soon as we noticed a problem. We did not hide our fellings, if we are mad or annoyed we talked about it. If we felt happiness we celebrate it with each other.

End