Ch 5

If you told me 2 years that I would be playing poker with Tony Stark and his buddies in my mansion I would've laughed in your face right before I shot you dead....but here I am, playing poker...with Tony Stark, and other pigs- detectives. Stark being Nat's older brother he made it his mission to get to know me so we've gotten to know each other since I was on house arrest. He would visit and hang out. At first I hated it but since I've gotten to know him, he isn't that bad I guess.

"Oh bullshit." I huff as Tony wins this hand.

"Gotta admit J, I almost feel bad for taking your money. Almost." He snickers as he collects his winnings.

"Don't get cocky, Stark. I'm distracted tonight." I roll my eyes sitting back in my seat.

"Is it because Natasha is going to the Policeman's ball with that new guy?" Bucky asks as he shuffles the cards.

"I don't get it. Can't she go by herself?" I groan giving him his answer.

"Oh no, no, no. Starks don't go out to public events without a date." Tony says making me roll my eyes.

"But she had to take a tall, fit, handsome black guy. They get all the girls." I scoff.

"We do? Well that's the first I'm hearing this." Rhodey says making the guys chuckle.

"Wanna see a picture of him?" Stark offers.

"Tony." Steve scolds.

"Yeah, so I can print it out and have it pinned up on my dart board." I grumble.

"J, I think you're jealous." Clint smirks and Tony nods in agreement.

"I am not. I just don't want this guy to get any ideas." I shrug.

"Sooo, jealous?" Tony nods.

"I am not jealous of that goody two shoes cop." I roll my eyes.

"Did you tell Natasha your concerns about this?" Steve asks sincerely.

"Some of them, but the conversation didn't go too far." I cock my head a bit.

"Why?" Rhodey asks but I don't answer.

"They had sex." Bucky snickers along with Clint.

Tony's jaw clenches to which I only shrug.

"He said it not me." I defend with my arms slightly raised.

"But that's not my only "concern" Steve. Natasha can do so much better than me." I sigh playing with two poker chips, one in each hand.

"She can." Tony nods making me look over to him with a slight glare.

"Well she can. *shrugs* But you gotta think of it this way J, she could have anyone she wants but she chose you. Why? Is beyond me. But she chose you for a reason. So you should trust her." He explains as I stay quiet as I look down at my chips.

Suddenly, we hear a loud noise from outside then the door to the lounge room opens and Bruno walks in.

"They have arrived boss." He informs me.

"Perfect. Escort them in please." I tell him and he nods leaving promptly.

"Who's here?" Rhodey asks looking around.

"Yeah, you didn't set us up right?" Bucky asks making me laugh.

Which didn't make the detectives feel any better, glancing at one another.