chapter:2

then the next morning, we would wake up trying to forget what happened last night. we would get to see our mom for about an hour and a half she would make us food and watch cartoons with us. then when she was about to leave she would tell us she loves us, and she would be home soon, and told us that soon we would have a better life soon. then she left, then we would continue to stay on the couch and watch cartoons, they would scratch out because we didn't have cable, because my dad cared more about his drugs then he did with his own kids and family. there was barley any food in the house. then while we would watch cartoons all of a sudden we would hear foot steps and yelling to tell us to get our ass's up stairs we were too bad for TV. then we would go upstairs where was poop from the dogs and pee because my little brother couldn't hold it and he was tired of getting beat. then eventually we would go down and ask for food he would make sandwiches and pop for us, but inside the sandwiches seemed like ketchup it was hot sauce and we were little so it burned. He said that it was punishment for our mouths. being bad and telling our mom about what happened that day. then we would say we were satisfied, and walked right back up the stairs. then we would sit up there for hours in a day wondering when he would call us down or when our mom would get home. then eventually he would call us down stairs to clean the house while he would sit and supervise, and if we did something wrong we would get yelled at and even sometimes even hit. There also were the days he was in a good mood that just meant he begged my mom for sex the night before and got it. but when he was in a good mood he wouldn't yell he wouldn't hit us he just helped us clean while playing rock music it was so much fun. then he would actually make a good meal, such as meatloaf, or lasagna. but then my mom would get home. she would then go up stairs with us and examine our bodies for marks, scratches, or bruises, she would ask us what happened that day we would tell her.she would then go down stairs grab some trash bags and begin to clean our room, pickinig up the dog poop cleaning the floor of pee and picking up the little bit of toys we had. She put them in our toy box, then walked down the stairs to talk to our dad. While they talked and made dinner we sat up stairs inour rooms, just waiting for the yelling to happen and sure enough it happened. All of a sudden all be heard was ylling because they cant be in the same rooom for 10 minutes without arguing. we just hung our heads down in shame thinking it was our fault that they were always fighting , but my mom would tell us it wasn't our fault. Then we would hear our mother yell our names. "jessica!!, James!!, julia!! come down here now!!!!", we would run down the stairs. As we were right by her side, she screamed get in the car now!!. he wouldn't let us leave, Then he pushed us all on the couch and told us to stay there, in fear we stayed there. Then he began beating our mom for trying to leave he pinned her against the wall as we were crying screaming for our mom, and begging god to help us. "Shut the hell up" he said tocys still choking my mom against the wall.