Chapter 2

- July, you're back! Practically screamed the light haired girl as she and the white and brown cat Cake tackled me in a hug.

- Guys I ...can't breath. I tried to say while they let go of me. I allowed my lungs suck in air again as I turned to face Gumball the pink haired guy that always smells like bubblegum.

- Welcome back, we've missed you. Said Gumball as he took my hand and kissed it. A dusty red painted my cheeks but from the corner of my eye I could see Marshall crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

- Well I'm glad to be back! I said overexcited as I spun around to see my surroundings.

- You hug them and not me, how rude? I heard Marshall say in a offended manor as he opened his arms in an explaining manor.

- Ok Marshall. I said as I rolled my eyes and watched him land on his feet on the ground. He was about 20 or 30 cm taller than me. I placed my hands around his neck and hugged him as I felt the contrast of his cold skin against my warm body. It sent chills down my spine but not in an unpleasant way. I turned around to Gumball.

- So what's the problem, why did you need me? I said as I gave him a serious look.

- We can talk about that at or place hun. Cake said and I nodded.

- Well Cake and Fionna took care of the hole army of snow monsters Ice Queen sent. So they kinda took care of the problem. But I'm still glad you are here. Gumball said as we walked inside the treehouse.

- Yap!! Said Fi proud of herself.

- Guys I think I'm going up to change into some more comfortable clothes. I said while I went up the wooden stairs.

- Ok, the stuff are still in your room! I heard Fi screaming from downstairs. I went straight to my room that was a little further from Fionna and Cake's room. I opened the door as I smiled. Still the same as I remembered it, wooden planks on the walls and floor, one big window that you see right when you walk in, my big closet that is as long as the wall and my double bed with pink and black fluffy pillows and blankets. I took off the dress and tiara and took on a pair of black ripped up jeans and a white crop top. I rushed down the stairs and I saw Fi and Cake sitting on the sofa and Gumball on a chair and Marshall was just floating around in a lying position with his eyes half closed.

- She's back! I heard Fi screaming as she threw a punch in the air.

- Come here baby-cake. Said the fluffy white and light brown cat as she gestured to a place on the couch. I gladly sat down. My attention went to Gumball when he started to speak.

- So July what would you say about having a ball tomorrow to celebrate your return. Around 17.00 to 00.00? He said with an expectant look on his face waiting for my answer. I was at a loss of words.

- Is such a commotion really necessary? But if you insist, why not. I said as I saw Marshall rolling his eyes. Silence drowned the room before Marshall spoke.

- Well I'm gonna leave. It's way past my bedtime. Haven't slept all day. Said Marshall clearly tired as he stretched.

- Yeah I am leaving as well. Gumball said as we all went to the door. But before they left Gumball wanted to say something because he stopped in his tracks.

- Would you want to pass by the Candy Kingdom tomorrow, I have a surprise for you. I thought about it for a few seconds. I don't really have anything better to do so why not.

- Yeah sure, what time? I asked as I rubbed the back of my neck.

- Whenever you want! He said like a gentleman, he's so uptight and fancy and all, I can't really handle that. I know he has a Kingdom to rule and that may be the reason why he is so tense but Marshall has his Kingdom too and he is nothing alike him. They are so different.