Chapter 6

- Yeah  I'm ok. I told Marshall. He put his hand under my chin to look at him in the eyes. I knew I was drowning, that the seas unseen hands pulled me down further but at this point I found shelter in the dark cold sea. His eyes put a spell on me and I knew he could see through my little act.

- Where you thinking about your parents again? He asked in a soft voice filled with empathy. He removed his hand and I turned around to look at the view behind me. I let out a sigh.

- Yeah, this kind of party always reminds me of all the venues I went to with them then to all the venues I went to just with dad. So many memories you know. I told him as he placed his cold hand on mine. My eyes met his and that's when it hit me.

- You are actually wearing a tuxedo. I said as I bursted into laughter.

- I know I look handsome, but when someone looks good you usually compliment them. You don't laugh hysterically. Let me show you. He cleared his throat then he continued. You look very hot tonight. Now you'll try! I laughed at his weird behavior knowing he just tries his best to cheer me up.

- First of all thank you good sir and second you look stunning tonight. I said but he facepalmed.

- No you are supposed to say that I look hot. He said putting down the weight on the word hot. I giggled.

- Whatever you say my King. I said bowing but mostly in a mocking manner. He chuckled as I jumped on the railing sitting on it.

- You shouldn't be doing that, you could fall. He said but I just rolled my eyes.

- Ok dad. I said sarcastically but he looked shocked.

- You know, you should not call anyone that. He spoke in a low voice that sent chills down my spine forming goose bumps on my skin. I got down from there thinking about Gumball, I need to go down there it was my party after all.

- Thanks Marshy. I said kissing him on the cheek I just knew he smiling. We made our way downstairs then we parted ways. By the time I pressed myself through the crowd to get to Gumball the music slowed in pace to a valse.

- Do you want to honor me with a dance? He said as he held out his hand. I placed mine in his as he spun me as the dress followed looking elegant. Then he pulled me close to his chest as he looked into my eyes. I was at a loss of words. I managed to pull my thoughts into a sentence.

- You are a formidable dancer your highness. I said with a smile but he only smirked as he placed both my hands on his shoulders as he placed his hands around my waist. His grip tightened as he lifted me of the ground and spun me around. A smile made its way on my lips, I got a glimpse of his toned biceps and triceps that showed through his suit. I blushed like crazy. When my feet hit the ground again my eyes met his.

- I guess that I literally swept you off your feet. He said as he chuckled, my boiling blood painted my cheeks red. I curtsied then excused myself for the second time this night as my eyes were looking for Fionna through the crowd. After a few minutes I finally saw her by the candybar looking a bit gloomy. I managed to get there with a few "sorrys" here and a few "sorrys" there.

- Hey. I said in a sympathetic voice. Is something wrong? I asked following her gaze to a certain Prince in the distance.

- I think he is looking for a dance partner, and I know just the right girl. I said crossing my arms and smiling. Her frown disappeared as her eyes filled with hope.

- Well I won't leave him waiting. She said as she was on her way towards him but I grabbed her by the hand and turned her around. She gave me a questioning look as I sighed.

- Can you please cover up for me, I think that I've had enough fun for tonight. Relief washed over her face as a smile was plastered on her features.

- Of course, what are friends for. She said before disappearing in the crowd. I sighed grabbed my dress so I wouldn't accidentally step on it as I searched through the crowd for Marshall. Ditching things is kinda his thing, I know he wouldn't mind leaving. Poor Gumball. He went through all this trouble to arrange me this party and I'm just standing here on my way out. Oh Glob, is this the right thing to do?

- Hello, earth to July, July to earth? A gray hand was weaving in front of me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

- Come. I said as I grabbed his hand and started to walk towards the exit.

- Now I get it. He said, I didn't have to look at him to know that he was smirking. We managed to get out of the Kingdom without any big commotions.

- You sure did look like you were having fun with Gumwad tonight. Were you trying to make me jealous? He asked looking at me.

- I did have fun but I didn't try to make you jealous, and if I did it seems like I would have succeeded. I took off my heels so I could walk properly and held them in my hand. He didn't say anything as he picked me up bridal style and left the ground. My hands moved on their own and wrapped themselves around his neck, his pride was swelling in his chest.

- Where are we going? I asked as I closed my eyes, the winds unseen hands brushed through my hair but then came to a sudden stop.

- If you would open your eyes you would see. He almost whispered in his dark suiting voice. I dared to open my eyelids only to see the beautiful night sky. At this terrifying height the moon felt so close and the stars were almost tangible.

- Wow, it's so beautiful Marshall.

- Yeah it truly is. He finally said before his feet hit the ground just outside his cave.

- May I ask why you brought me here? I asked trying not to sound rude. He walked in front of me as he loosened his red tie. Then he looked over the shoulder at me with a smirk on his face.

- Isn't it obvious. He said in a dark voice. I want you to spend the night with me. My face lit up and my ribs that serves as a cage for my heart threatened to break. He then turned around and started walking but something caught my eye in the bushes. It was a blue iridescent glow.

- Marshall look. I said pointing towards the bushes but the light was already gone by the time he turned around.

- What? He asked.

- I saw a blue light in the bushes. He looked intently at them but didn't see anything. He shrugged.

- Probably some animals. I began walking again thinking about the eerie light but I soon let it go. Marshall knows this woods like the back of his hand and if he says it was an animal then it must be so.