chapter two

"You must be April!"

Lewis' mum pulled me in a hug as soon as we were back from our walk, she didn't even give me time to put out my jacket and my shoes. I was a bit took by surprise, so it took me a moment to return the hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you! I'm Carol, but you already know that, I guess. Lewis told me so much about you! Only good things of course."

"Nice to meet you too!" I replied with a smile.

"Mum give her some space and let her take off her jacket, yeah?" Lewis said with a chuckle. "Oh yeah sure, Sorry." His mum stepped a few steps back and I handed Lewis my jacket and put my shoes under the wardrobe. I waited for Lewis to do the same, then we followed his mum to the living room where his father was standing.

"Hello April! I'm Mark. Nice to meet you, how are you doing?" he asked

"I'm fine, how are you?" I actually wanted to say more but Carol interrupted me: "You don't know how happy I am Lewis finally found someone! You're so beautiful, April!", she told me and hugged me again. I thanked her and smiled awkwardly. I always just smile when it gets awkward. Fact is, me and Lewis aren't really together, and I wonder if his Mum knew that. Sure, we were dating for quite a long time now, but we're not officially a couple. We'renot boyfriend and girlfriend. Over her shoulder, I saw Lewis looking on the floor at her words "finally found someone". There was a moment of uncomfortable silence before Lewis decided to break it.

"I'm only 23, mom"

"Yes, I know, but I thought you'd never find anyone after Paige broke up with you." His mum responded.

"I think it's not the right moment to mention my ex, mum"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right sorry", she said, obviously a bit embarrassed.

"I'm off to make lunch now anyway, you can do whatever you want I'll call you when it's ready, yeah?"

"We'll be upstairs", Lewis answered her for both of us, took my hand and led me to the staircase. I turned around, smiling excusably at his dad.

Lewis guided me up the stairs and into his room, bursting out in laughter as soon as the door was shut. "I'm really sorry for my mom." He brought out before starting to laugh again. "But, you see, there was no need to worry. I think my mum was more excited than you were" "Yeah I think so too." I admitted. Lewis must have noticed my eyes wandering around the room, "You can sit down on the bed, you know." So, I sat down, silently smiling at his famous New York wallpaper.

"I forgot my phone charger downstairs, I'll be back in a minute"

He was already out the door before I got the chance to reply. I was happy to have a little moment to myself to sort my thoughts, though. Lewis' parents seemed really nice, I think they liked me, and I was just so unbelievably relieved about that. But when his mom said that she was happy he finally found someone, I realized how much I actually wanted to be together with him, as in having him as my boyfriend. He meant so much to me, and after a year of dating it was time to get together as a couple in my opinion. I hope he thinks the same because I was way too shy to ask him. The boy has to ask. I just hope he knows that too.

Still lost in thoughts, I didn't notice him entering the room at first.

"Are you alright, love?"

Him calling me love was another thing I really liked.

"Yes I am, I was just thinking"

He sank down on the bed next to me. "About what?"

Shit. What should I answer?