Chapter 31

Could it be jealousy?

Charlotte walks out of the hall and Shawn notices me.

-So... you were talking with my designer... I say once we meet.
-Um, yeah. I guess I was... I had a few questions about tomorrow's organization
-Oh ok, I see.

But deep inside, I know he has a designer AND a manager. Why would he ask Charlotte? Andrew probably knows everything in details, as always. And he'll tell us everything tomorrow, I know Shawn is excited, but he can wait a few hours... can he?

-Maddi are you ok? You are zoning out...
-Oh! Yeah! Everything's fine.
-Ok, so let's go for a walk!

We go out and stroll down the streets. We are just next to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Élysées. This means we have plenty of things to see, I want to show him the Latin Quarter, the EiffelTower, the Galleries Lafayette...
As we walk past a «Pierre Hermé» boutique, I stop.

-Hold on Shawn! We HAVE to get one of these! I say, and then whisper: Don't tell Andrew, I know we are not supposed to eat those before the gala, but one won't kill us!
-What do they sell?
-The best macaroons on earth! The most expensive ones too, but it's worth it!

I get in and get us Rose-Letchi-Raspberry macaroons, their new speciality. We eat them on our way to the Eiffel Tower. Shawn looks so good today. I know he is just wearing his eternal black jeans and boots with a grey sweater, but this man could dress up with a potato bag and he'd still be super hot! So a grey hoodie looks gorgeous on him. I can't wait to see how he'll look for the gala. I'm going to melt!

-Welcome to one of the most iconic places in Paris! I say, as we step on the Trocadéro esplanade

-Wow... this place is gorgeous!

In front of us, we can see the Eiffel Tower, better than anywhere else in the city. And there are not a lot of tourists here, everyone goes on the Champ de Mars to see the famous building. So I like going here to admire the view.

-It is one of my favorite spots. I usually sit on that small wall over there. Come, let's go to see the sunset! I say, grabbing his hand and dragging him behind me, but just before we sit, he stops me.

-Maddi wait. I've got something to tell you first...

media: the Trocadero place where there really is a small wall ;)