Part 2, chapter 10

POV : Shawn

-I'll come to see you in half an hour! Laura says, giving me another wink and leaving me to go to her room.

-Great !

As I walk down the hotel corridors, I overhear Andrew on the phone

«... stay ready. I'll call you back as soon as possible. I am so happy for you !...oh... I must hang up. See you ! »

-Who was it for you hang up when I arrive ?

-Oh... it's... just a friend that got promoted. And... I didn't hang up because you arrived...

-It really looked like you did...

-You are imagining things ! He laughs...

I'm not dreaming ! As soon as he saw me coming, he ended the conversation... And that weird look on his face... is he hiding me something ? Anyway, I must return to my hotel room to facetime Madison before Laura arrives. I push the door and quickly call her on skype, and gladly, I only have to wait for 10 seconds before her face pops up on my laptop.

I look at her through the screen. Seeing her sitting in the sofa in the middle of the living room makes me homesick... I love her so much. I wish I could snuggle up with her. For a second, I picture myself next to her, holding her tight, watching FRIENDS... falling in love with her for the millionth time...but then I remember that I'm in my hotel room, all alone, sitting on an uncomfortable wooden stool...

-Hi sweetheart ! She says joyfully, giving me butterflies in my chest.

-Hi my rose !

As she turns the lights on in her room, her illuminated face reveals a snow white skin.

-Madison... you... you are so pale !

-What ?

-You look like a ghost ! Are you okay ? Are you sick?

-What? No... I don't think so... I'm just very tired... I have so much work right now...

-Can you promise me you'll tell me if anything's wrong ?

-I promise. I'm fine ! What about you ?

I am very worried for her... I have never seen her like that. I know she always had a porcelain skin, but right now... It's like I can see through her... I know I should believe her. She'd never lie to me... I think...

I stare at her, at her wide eyes and her long brown hair, her round cheeks, her pulpy lips... damn it makes my heart burn that I can't kiss her right now.... She is such a sweet person! Even though her health clearly isn't at its best, she keeps on worrying about me, asking if my shows are good, if I met fans, if the atmosphere in the crew is still great... So I tell her how I feel when I'm on stage, when I see my fan's faces in the dark and the sparks in their eyes. I tell her how my heart ignites when I'm on stage, how I think of her when I sing «never be alone», I tell her how...

**cling !**

A noise interrupts me.

-What was that? I ask ? Is there someone with you? Maddi, I thought you were alone !

Seriously? We are engaged ! I leave for a few months and she brings someone home ? Is she cheating on me? Andrew is hiding me something, and now Madison too ? Why is everyone doing stuff in my back? What have I done wrong !? I thought I could trust her ! I thought she would never be able to do that ! Obviously I was wrong ! I thought she loved me ! I thought our engagement meant something ! Am I the only person on this planet that can feel love ?