Chapter 7: Emerald Forest and Players & Pieces

"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

-Sun Tzu

==Third Person POV==

Professor Ozpin watching the students on his Scroll at the Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest. He sipped on his coffee, loving how the teens ran for their lives, some showing promise while the weaker ones of the bunch were struggling to go back, abandoning going for the pieces in fear of dying.

Some sick pleasure formed inside Ozpin watching them. To be fair, after all the bullshit he's been through, I don't blame him.

Before he could laugh a little sadistically, Glynda Goodwitch came up to him, clutching on a tablet that had the current statistics of the students that they were monitoring. It was to see which ones showed promise and which ones to kick out, but she was using it to check on you.

You know, like a creepy middle-aged woman, that despite being hot, is still going for someone of not yet legal age. Like in hentai!

Glynda: "The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lina Ren. Poor girl... I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, she's probably better off than Miss Nikos." She felt bad for the girl, who looked a little pail while helping her teammate. "What do we do about Sparrow, sir? There's an odd number of students this year. So if he gets the relic and passes, what will you do?"

Ozpin didn't look at her, instead, taking an annoyingly long and loud sip as Glynda could only roll her eyes and sigh. He then gave a satisfied sigh and did one thing.

Ozpin: "Mmmm..."

Glynda: "God, sometimes I wonder how you're the headmaster... Still, the only complaint I have is I believe that the Jane girl isn't at a level that's ready for combat, though, I guess only time can tell." She then turned off the tablet. "So, what are the relics this time, sir? I swear to god, if you used bouncy balls again, I will never forgive you. Not after what happened last year."

Ozpin didn't give an answer, instead prompting to give a shit-eating smile as he sipped on his coffee in an obnoxiously loud way.

Glynda: "Dear Oum I need a fucking raise..."

-----

Weiss, being herself, was being bossy as she was stumped (tree pun intended) as she had to choose which direction to go to.

Weiss: "Alright, it's this way! Wait- No...we already passed that tree before, right? Uhh...this way? No, it's definitely this way!" She then stopped, going in front of Ruby before taking a deep breath. "You know what? I think we passed it already, Ruby?"

Ruby: "Weiss, can you just admit that you have absolutely no clue where we're going? We've been walking for so long that I feel like my legs have turned into logs!"

Weiss: "Because I know exactly where we're going! We're going... to... the forest temple!"

Ruby: "Oum, how did I get stuck with you?!"

Weiss: "Oh, stop it! You don't know where we are, either!"

Ruby: "Well, at least I'm not pretending like I know everything."

Weiss: "What is that supposed to mean?"

Ruby: "It means I'm not being a smartass and taking us in circles! Look, you can even see rose petals here, and I haven't even used my semblance!"