chapter 1

"UNO!" I slam my card at the top of the deck, screaming as loud as I can. My mom glares at me. "Let your sisters win." She mouths to me. I look down. Of course, I got in trouble. I toss my blond hair behind my shoulder.

My sisters both put down their cards and it's back to me, I put down my last card, and shoot up from the table.

"I'm going for a walk," I announce. The twins run to their room, and my mom doesn't seem to be paying attention so I get out of there as fast as I can.

It's nice to just smell the air. "On your right!" Someone yells as they go flying by me on a skateboard.

"Watch where you're going!" I exclaim.

"Okay, mom." The boy says, turning around, grinning at me. His face suddenly gets red. "Woah, who are you?" He asks me.

"Alexa," I say.

"I'm Austin." He kicks off and skates right to me. "We should hang out sometime." His breath is hot against the cold air.

"Maybe..." I put my foot on his skateboard, and kick it.

He runs after it and makes a big show of jumping on top of it. I giggle. "Do you know how to skateboard?" He asks me. I do actually.

I nod.

"Show me then!" He says with a proud smile plastered on his face. His brown hair curls around his ridiculous baseball cap. He hands me his board.

There are no cars on the road so I run to the middle of it. I fly down the road then turn and flip it underneath me to get back on the sidewalk. I push up the hill and hand him the skateboard back.

"Your... Wow. You're so good!" His mouth hangs open. I giggle.

"Thanks." I blush.

"How come I never see you around here anyway?"

"I moved in last week," I say, staring down at my shoes.

"Come to my house, I have seven crazy brothers, and my dad likes to scream at us all the time, it's fun!" He gives me another grin.

"I'll have to ask," I tell him. "How old are you anyway?"

"I just turned fifteen last month." He says, "What highschool are you going to?"

"Reynolds. Where do you go?"

"I go to Reynolds too, you'll like it there... Everyone will like you too! You seem cool." He smiles.

We start to walk up to my house. I grab his hat and put it on my head.

I run to my yard, laughing.

"Hey!" He yells at me as he tackles me to the ground. I turn so he can't get his hat. He rolls to the side and lays on the grass. "Sorry, I'm used to tons of guys, in my house..." His face is bright red.

I laugh at him, "Don't worry about it! My sisters love to jump on me all the time, so I'm used to it."

He nods. "Okay good, cause sometimes I do that without thinking so don't be surprised when it happens again."

We laugh, "Oh, so your planning on attacking me again?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Who knows." He shrugs with a small smile on his lips.

I shove him, as the door to my house opens up.

"What are you doing out here..." My mom stares at me, "With a boy?"

"Hello Ma'am," Austin sticks his hand out, "I'm Austin." My mom takes his hand and shakes it.

My mom smiles over his head at me. Oh gosh.