Chapter 4 ✔︎

Y/N PoV
*Time skip to lunch*
Our teacher had to leave during class because of a family emergency. My class left and I found myself walking the halls. I find myself at Jughead's class and decide to wait for him.

I lean against the wall and scroll through Instagram on my phone. Nothing fun except for more posts about Jason. The bell rings and I stuff my phone in my bag.

Jughead walks out and I smile at him. "Hey Juggie."

He looks surprised, "Hey. Why aren't you here and not at lunch?" Jughead asks.

"Our teacher had to leave so I just came here." I tell him.

    He nods, "That's nice. Let's get to lunch Y/N. I'm hungry!" Jughead says.

I shake my head and roll my eyes, "When are you not starving?"

   He laughs at me, "That's a great point."

We go to the lunchroom. I just hope Betty and Kevin won't grill me with a million questions. I'm still very unsure about Veronica.

Jughead and I get our lunches and sit down at our usual lunch table.

We exchange a couple of hellos and they continue in their conversations. I start to eat my muffin quietly.

Jughead looks over at my tray and I push it towards him. I never eat much for lunch so he usually ends up eating all of my food.

"I have a great idea! How about we have a girls and Kevin night so we can get ready for the dance together! I'm so excited for the dance!" Betty asks.

  "Ugh fine." I say.

   Jughead looks over at me with wide eyes. "Do I have to go to this dance?"

   "I don't want to go either but I promised Betty and she said I need a date." I whisper to him with pleading eyes.

    "Only if buy me a burger." Jug whispers back.

   I agree with him and look across the table at Veronica.

She is smiling, "Yes! That's a great idea. How about my house at lets say 5 o'clock?" She asks us. Now I'm going to be sucked into the tragic life of a rich girl.

"That sounds perfect Veronica, thanks." I reply dully. Girls and Kevin nights are fun and I really need one.

Veronica nods, "Give me your phones."

"Uh ok." I say bewildered at her request but I hand it over anyways. Betty and Kevin do the same without hesitation.

She puts her number in my phone and gives it back, "I'll text you guys the address later."

Betty nods, "I'll see you guys later. I have to talk to Weatherbee about the Blue and Gold."

Kevin looks really excited for tonight and I am too. This will take my mind off of home for sure.

We all finish our lunches as the bell rings. Jughead looks over at me. "I'll see you after school?"

I nod and go to my next class of the day.

**Time skip to after school**
I wait outside by mine and Jug's tree we sit at when we skip class. Earlier I texted him to meet me here so we can walk over to the drive in together.

I see him walking towards me with a faint smile. His curls hang out of his beanie covering his eyes slightly. I love when he looks like this.

When he gets over to me I stand up "We should get back to the drive in." I whisper to him. At this point I'm not sure if I should call the drive in home. It's a big part of my life but it's not very homey.

He nods and we walk to the drive in together.

We get to the booth and I start packing up my makeup and stuff to get ready. Then I realize I don't have a dress. Hopefully one of the girls won't mind sharing for a night.

My phone buzzes and I pull it out. I see the message from Veronica.

V-Hey girl it's Veronica! Here is my address (insert Veronica's address). I'll see you in 10!😆

Y/N-Yup. Thanks.

  "That was Veronica. I better get going." I say. I sling my backpack around my shoulders.

Jughead nods and walks over to me. "I'll see you in a couple hours Y/N." He gives me a hug and a kiss.

I smile at him and kiss him on the cheek. "I'll see you later." I tell him and I leave the booth. I start walking to Veronica's.

The whole walk I can't help but think about Jughead. My stomach was doing flip flops just thinking about him. Jug is actually going to be the death of me.

I finally get to Veronica's street. My jaw drops when I see her so called "house." How can only one family live in that! It is made for like 10 people and I know only her mom and Veronica are living there. This is going to be fun.