Just from a text

Nick's pov:

I woke up to the annoying beeping of my alarm clock, 7:00, time to get up. I groaned as I threw off the covers and turned off the alarm. Just another Saturday. I walked out to the kitchen to get something to eat. Cereal with milk and an apple. That's my breakfast. I saw a note on the counter from Dad, saying that he went to the office early...and not to eat chocolate for breakfast. Hey, what can I say, I like chocolate. Man, when Mom was staying with us, she went crazy when she saw me eating chocolate for breakfast. And it wasn't even a chocolate bar, it was a chocolate cereal Dad bought. I love Mom, but sometimes she can be a bit...okay really controlling.

*Beep*

My phone alerting me that someone is texting me, brings me out of my thoughts. Who the heck would be texting me at 7:15 in the morning, I think. I check my phone to see who is up this early. Grace, go figure with that girl. I tap on my phone to see what she wants.

Grace: Morning sleepyhead! : )

How does she always know when I'm awake, and that I'm still tired!?

Nick: Why r u up so early?

Grace: You know me, up with the dawn.

Nick: By the way, could u help me study for my bio test?

Grace and I usually always study together, but to be honest it's more her tutoring me than taking turns quizzing each other.

Grace: You want to study!?

Nick: Ha ha, very funny.

Grace: So...Bistro at 12:00?

Nick: Sounds great, c u then! : )

Grace: Great see you soon!

I can't help but stare at her last text longer than I should. Grace and I have been friends ever since I moved in. She was always so nice to me, even though I was a bit of a jerk to her at first. But she forgave me after the whole mascot mess I dragged her into. I thought for sure she was going to rat me out when I was in VP's office. But she didn't. I guess she had to forgive me after I took the fall for her. I've always liked her as a friend, but lately I have felt different about her. I have found myself thinking about her more and more. Looking at her texts much longer than I should. Staring at her whenever we hang out. No I have to stop thinking about her like this. Grace is just a friend, it's just a text no reason to get all weird Nick, I tell myself. I look at the clock, 7:20. I throw on my green long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and my shoes. I run a comb through my hair. Shit, I can't meet Grace like this, I think. I quickly get undressed and get in the shower. Your a mess Nick, I think, she's just a friend and only a friend. But she's not, I think in the back of my mind, as I step out of the shower and towel off. I wonder how crazy my day has already gotten just from a text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I know this chapter was short. But I will try to make them longer. Hope you guys like it so far. And please to leave comments and suggestions.