Six

I turned, feeling my eyes glow red in anger as I put Kaitlyn down on the ground.

"What do you want, wisdom-spawn?" I growled at her.

"Papaaa! You shouldn't be mean  too people!" Kaitlyn whined at me. I smiled down at her.

"Sorry, sweetie, but this is someone I know, and if you knew my past with her, you would be angry with her too." She glared at me, and let me tell youm, THAT was a scary glare. "OK, OK! Sorry! Don't glare at me like that." I said in response to the glare.

By the way since I forgot to tell you what Kaitlyn looked like befoore, here it is. Before I adopted her, she had olive skin, onnyx eyes, and surprisingly red hair. After I adopted her, she had my eyes with a ring of onyx around the pupil and the outside of her irises, symbolizing her bloodline.

Annabeth noticed that she had called me Papa (which made me ridicolously happy, Kaitlyn calling me Papa, not Annabeth noticing) and said, "Papa?"

I glared at her before saying, "I adopted her, not that it's any of your business." She flinched as I snarled  at her. II felt Kaitlyn tug at my shirt. I looked down to see her own anger at Annabeth.

"Papa? Can we go now?" I nodded.

I picked her up and put her on my shoulders before glaring at Annabeth. "Ask Athena for help getting to me, and I swear on the river Styx that it will not end well for you," I said before flashing away in a blast of dark purple flames and the scent of freshly spilled blood.

ANNABETH POV

Percy was alive, well, sort of. He wasn't the same guy he was two hundred years ago, that was for sure. He was colder, harsher.

More willing to kill anyone.

No, he was not the same.

I gave a quiet sob.

Why did I ever take that cup of hot choclate from Drew? I was stupid. So, utterly stupid. Suddenly I heard Aaron drive up on his bike.

Fucking bastard, hiring Drew to help break me and Percy up. I swear, if I get the chance, I will kill him.

Slowly, anfd painfully.

The arrogant son of a bitch made my life a living hell back at camp. I glared hatefullly at him, desperately trying not to ram my knife down his throat. Aaron smirked. "I see you found my brother. Good for you.  Only problem is, he still-"

He was cut off when  Percy flashed in with a fist already in  motion, breaking Aaron's jaw. He turned to me with an apologettic smile. "Sorry about  earlier, but I needed you to think I still hated you so that this bastard," he kicked Aaron in between the legs, making him curl into a ball from pain, "would come up to gloat. Something was blocking me from flashing anywhere around him in a thirty mile radius."

I frowned, confused. "Then why could you flash near him this time?"

He grinned. "I was flashing to your position, not his. It's kind of difficult to explain."

I smiled. "Well, at least that hasn't changed. You're still a Kelp-Head." He smirked and nodded.

"I geyss I am. Need a ride to Camp Half-Blood?" He asked in a friendly tone. I knew that getting back together was NOT happening for two reasons.

One, another brother of his (what is it with me and children of PPoseidon? Do I smell like seafood?) has caught my eye that is so much like Percy it's scary,. Two, I don't think he would be able to lose me again if we got back together.

"On that score, you would be correct." he said, making me jump. Had he read my mind? "Yes, I did."

"Quit  that!" I said, slightly annoyed, but I couldn't really stay mad at him, even now. Well, unless he really pisses me off, in which case, it's normal for me to try and rip his head off.