Is You Down?

We were going on our third date if you count the coffee shop.

The plan was to pick her up but she wasn't ready. She let me go inside her place so I could wait and watch attentively.

I waited with the sounds of makeup clinking, floors creaking, water dripping, and a dress zipping.

"Really like the way
you put that dress on."

"How do I look?" Jasmine asked, eyeshadow not shadowing her eyes but showcasing the prize that I've won over.

"Red YSL on her two lips."

"Your question is frustrating." I admitted.
Why would she ask something that even the universe could figure out with its complexities.

"Why?" She asked, scared.

"You're way better than how you look on Instagram."

"You're personality is also oh oh oh oh
I want to know more about you."

"Dabin, you scared me for a second." She laughed.

"It's like you always know the right things to say. Like you always come up with a good subject for conversation." Jasmine explained.

"You're my subject
I'll adorn you
beyond description
but one question
is you
is you DOWN DOWN?"

Quickly show it to me, no eeny meeny miny moes. If it takes you that long to answer, that will reveal my failure in delivery of my word. Tell me I'm it right now. That's what I need to hear.

"And you are it. Like I said, Dabin, you're a man of your word so...."

______

It's 11 pm. We had just come from the club. I look at her for confirmation. This vibe is wavy. The amplitude of the waves went higher and so did we.

"Make your mind
it's too late to go home
we both caught a vibe
like you feel me and I feel you
and like what else do we need, a different reason
yeah we can go with vodka
or hennessy on the rocks
gin and tonic sounds nice
maybe pop a bottle of wine
or martini blue
what ever you choose
so are you?"

"Course I'm down." She replied with a giggle.

IITE COOL

All the confirmation I needed. My hands wrapped around her waist and our lips touched.

Shhh... we grown. That's all you gotta know.

 That's all you gotta know