Part 5

There was Mishti lying silently on the bed...still unconcious and Abir caressing her head with teary yet scared eyes...

**FLASHBACK**

"Khichdi?! Phirse! Seriously! Tum restaurant pe aake khichdi khaogi? Again Mishti?!!" Abir was surprised.

"Haa toh! Khichdi is my favourite..mai hazar baar kha sakti hoon... Pata hai Abir, kuch bhi ho sakta..mai sab kuch khana chodd bhi doon na toh bhi khichdi nahi chodd sakti...never.." Mishti replied.
"Aree to ghar pe kha leti na khichdi...restaurant pe aake..."
"Abir, you know na meri ghar tumhare ghar ki tarah normal nahi hai..mere ghar pe kuch bhi sahi nahi rehta...
Dad is ill and my mom..." she said in a low voice.
Trying to comfort the situation, Abir started "Okay baba okay! Chalo let's order khichdi...waise bhi tuhare saath khichdi khate khate meri bhi almost favourite bann gayi hai ye khichdi!" They chuckled.

Inspite of ordering khichdi that day, Mishti seemed a bit low..
Abir asked noticing this after coming out of the restaurant "Mishti..are you sure tumhe kuch nahi hua? You are looking a bit low"

"Aree Abir mai theek hoon...kitni baar poochoge! I'm completely fine.." Mishti replied trying to hide the dizziness.
"Achha ohkk..thik hai" Abir was still a bit unsure.

He held her hand in order to cross the road but...the warmth...
No! This can't be just the body temperature.
"Mishtii! Are you suffering from fever?!"
"Nahi nahi Abir..thik hoon mai" "Mishti! Chup..let me see.. your body temperature is so high Mishti!" Before he could complete his words, she fell down..unconcious..
"Mishtiiii!"

Mishti woke up to see herself lying on the hospital bed with Abir beside her.

"Ayee Angry Chorni..how are you feeling now? Abhi thik ho?"
Mishti nodded and noticed Abir's faint smile which explained his concern for her.
"Abirrr kya hua hai hmm? It's just the fever" putting her hand on his Mishti assured.

"Doctor was telling ki tum bohut weak ho...haemoglobin bhi hadd se zyada low hai..why Mishtiii..kyun khayal nahi rakh rahi ho apna?" Though Abir was charging her yet...his low and trembled voice could not hide the amount of fear and pain he had suffered.

Mishti started trying to sit, cupping his face, "Ayee Ajeeb Rajvansh... itna stress lene wali kaunsi baat hai haa? It's just the fever and haa thoda weakness hai but wo to normal hai na..thik ho jayegi..
Tum itne pareshan mat hua karo okay? Mai angry violent chorni hoon...itni easily peecha nahi chodne wali tumhara samjhe?"

Abir trying hard to smile answered, "Mai churana bhi nahi chahta.."

Hugging him close to her heart Mishti uttered, "Abirrrrrr"

**FLASHBACK ENDS**

Abir opens his eyes uttering "Itni jaldi peecha churane nahi dunga angry chorni.."
That day is still clearly visible...the day when for the first time he saw her unconscious...

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw the doctor arriving.

After the thorough check up, the doctor stated "I have given her a medicine so that her nerves can rest. She is asleep now, thodi der me she will wake up...
Dr. Abir, I have few words with you if you..."
"Yeah of course! Please doctor..." Abir signed him.

"Dr. Abir, there are some reports of Mishti that you need to see as you are taking over her case. So, can you come to the hospital with me?"
"Ohh yeah sure doc...let's go"

Before leaving, Abir turned to Mishti...Anamika came forward to assure him, putting her hand on his shoulder.
"Mamma, Mishti ka khayal rakhna...I have to visit the hospital..." he said caressing Mishti head. She nodded to a yes.

The doctor brought Abir to his chamber and started, "So, Doc as mai aapko Miss Mishti Agarwal ki case hand over kar raha hoon so it's my responsibility ki I inform every single thing I know about her..."

Abir nodded to a yes. He knew it was essential.

"Dr. Abir, aise cases me ek choti se choti detail important hoti hai so I will hand over her file to you"

Taking out Mishti's file, he started, "So, when Mishti came to the hospital she was covered by blood...she had an accident. This accident led to the dryness of two nerves in her brain. Isiliye uski brain advancements kuch saal peeche chali gayi. So she is behaving like a child...her mental age is only about 5 to 6 years."

"Yes doc, I understood it as soon as I saw her. Ketki,who admitted her in hospital is my sister told me about the accident. " Abir replied.

"Yes, but the thing you don't know is that Mishti ki accident itni major nahi thi ki itni badi brain hammerage ho jaaye. It was just a mild accident."

Abir was confused now...what's going on!
"Ohh wait a second doc... mild accident? But Mishti to..."

"Yes Abir... humne kuch tests karwaye to hume pata chala ki before the accident only she had some problems. She was so very weak that she could hardly stand! She was sort of starving! Moreover her mental health was not good as well. She was already traumatized. So itni choti si accident ka bhi itna bada effect hua uss par.
This accident is just an excuse..."

Abir was shocked like hell! He still couldn't believe his ears...
"Wh..whatt.." Abir uttered.

"And there's more..." before he could complete, he got a call.

"Umm sorry Abir, an emergency with a patient so I have to leave now. Here's the file, you'll come to know everything about her condition" and he left.

Abir picked up the file gathering his courage to read it and...suddenly...
The file fell down his hand...

"DRUGS?!!!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hope you liked it. The mysteries will be revealed slowly with each update. Stay connected.