Part 19

"Abir......
Humdono ki relationship...I don't need to explain that right?
Hum kaise the...kya the ek dusre ke liye aur kyun the... you..you know everything!
Abir...meri life kabhi bhi perfect nahi thi but...but I learned to live with everything...
Dad always loved me the most but mom... I...I have always wondered why my mom isn't like other's... I mean why doesn't she treat me like a baby! Thoda rude...thoda tough...
And I grew up like this...and came to know that... Mrs. Monica Aggarwal is my stepmother... my mom died in a car accident when I was 3 years old.
And so, my dad married her...he wanted her to take care of me...But... I guess waisa hua nhi... I..I learned to live with her..accepted my life...whatever it is!

And then one day, I met you...
The Ajeeb Rajvansh...and you filled colours in those blank canvasses of my life...
Abir humdono jo bhi the, jaise bhi the, we knew each other right? Ek tum hi to the jo meri har baat bina kahe hi samajh jaate the...
What was the feeling ye mujhe samajhne me bohut time lag gaye but... I realized...
And Abir...uss..uss din jab tumne aunty se meri baat karwayi! That very day, I fell for you...again...
Sab kuch! Sab kuch sahi jaa raha tha Abir, lekin ek din achanak se..."

Mishti closed her eyes before completing her sentence! Just a pinch of water in her eyes suddenly changed into a flow...

"Mi..Mishtiiiiiii" Abir uttered tightening his grip on her hand. But...he had to know what happened!

"Mishti, if it was just about my feelings, then I would have never forced you but...to punish Monica Aggarwal for her deeds, I..I need to know... but...if you are not feeling alright then its okay...take your time...I won't force you"

"Nahi Abir...bohut chup reh liya maine...not anymore! I want her to pay everything for her deeds.. I am okay.."
And she continued...

"Ek din maine unhe baat karte huye sunn liya phone pe...she was talking about my dad and some property... I tried to concentrate when I heard ki... she was giving my father some medicines from few months! And that is the reason...dad bimar hone lage the!
Ab..Abir... you remember right mai bolti thi na ki dad ki tabiyat sahi nhi hai! But I...I had no idea ki...!
And those medicines will paralyze his nerves one day! But in that course she came to know ki the company and sll the properties, dad ne already mere naam kar diye...
And her target shifted from dad to me...
She..she had planned my marriage!
I... I was enraged...I just entered her room to confront her!
And that! That was the time she showed her true colours to me...
That day I came to know about her..properly..
Sh..she threatened me ki agar maine uss ladke se shaadi nhi ki toh.. she will kill my dad!"
And she weeped..unable to speak further..

"Mi..Mishtiiiiii....." Abir uttered.

"B..but maine....maine haar nhi maani Abir! I didn't... and I left the room, with the will ki mai aisa kabhi hone nhi dungi...
And the very next morning I woke up to see my dad sitting on a wheelchair! Before I could understand what was going on, I came to know that my dad's legs got paralyzed...already...
Of course it had to be Mrs. Monica Aggarwal...

But..but trust me Abir... I told her ki mujhe kuch property nhi chahiye! I..I would happily give it to her just... just don't force me to get married! I told her about us... about you and me... pleaded her but...
And 14th ko I messaged you to meet me..
Abir I know ki maine tumhe bohut hurt kiya tha uss din but... I was helpless I...I ...
Abir...I was hurt as well as guilty... It was killing me inside...I had to break your heart... I.. am...s..sorry Abirrrr... I really am..."

"Mishtiiiiiii... tum!..tumhe itna kuch seh liya! Aur mai!.... Mujhse ek baar batane ki koshish to kar leti shayad...shayad mai kuch kar pata...
Ohh Godd! I can't even imagine tum kis pain se guzri ho! I..."
Abir exhaled...deeply... He really didn't expect this much!

"Abir...17th ko meri shaadi thi...sab kuch Mrs. Monica Aggarwal ki plan ke according chal raha tha... but before going to mandap, mai Dad ke paas gayi... to na usne kuch ishaare kiye mujhe...cupboard ki taraf and...I.. I tried to find out its meaning... There was a file in the cupboard with some papers in it... I took those out to read them...
The will clearly stated that if my father was murdered or the death of my father wad a bit different, all the properties will be transferred to a charity and me...

So, so I was clear about the fact ki wo dad ki maar nahi sakti but...she still could torture him! Moreover, time was over! Isiliye...mujhe mandap me baithna padha...

Mandap me mai baithi hi thi ki security uncle ne mujhe ek chithhi bheji jisme likha tha ki tum..tum aaye the and tum jaa rahe ho...ye sab kuch chodhke...
Aur..aur mai nahi rok paayi khudko! Aur nahi hua mujhse isiliye mai bhaag nikli kisi tarah se...with the hope ki bas ek baar...ek baar bas tumhe dekh loon...may be one last time...

But... meri kismat utni achhi nhi hai...
I..I was on my way to Airport ki kuch goons ne mujhe pakad liya aur wapas le aaye ghar par...
But yes, tab tak shaadi bigad chuki thi... ek hi fayda hua tha mere bhaagne ka ki...mujhe shaadi nhi karni padhi but...but compensation bohut zyada tha...
She took my dad and me to a farmhouse...

P..pata hai Abir, waha par na ku..kuch injections diye jaate the hume.. bo..bohuttt pain hota tha...poore body me!
Huhhh uss injections ki wajah se to papa ki body response karna bhi bandh kar diye kuch mahino baad se aur mai...

Phir ek din, ek din mujhe pata chala ki wo 1 week ke liye London jaa rahi company ki kaam se... and I somehow managed to elope from there...
I.. I knew ki agar mai bahar aa paungi toh.. dad ko bhi laa paungi kisi na kisi tarah so...
I was running...regardless of the direction when I felt something hit me in the middle of a road and....
Bas mujhe kuch aur yaad nahi hai Abir..." she finished..

"That was Ketu's car Mishti... use lagaa ki tumhari ye halat usike wajah se hai so, she first took you to the hospital and then brought you home...
Meanwhile mai bhi aane hi wala tha wapas so...
Maine yaha aake dekha to ye tum thi..."
Abir exhaled...deeply...

Mishti began with a faint smile, "Life bhi kitni ajeeb haina Abir! Hum dono phirse mile...woh bhi aise..."

"Achha hi haina Mishti, life ne humdono ko ek aur chance diya hai...to live it... Jo aduri reh gayi thi, wo poora karne ka ek aur mauka... iss baar hum haar nahi maanenge... This is just the second phase of our life Mishtii...a new beginning..."

"Hmmmm... tum tum kuch keh rahe the kya dinning table pe.. ? Meeting...aisa kuch?"

"Haa Mishti, nanko ki company ke saath Monica Aggarwal ki kal deal hone wali hai ek...coincidentally... but humlog iska fayda uthayenge...
We wont leave her this time... usne meri Mishti ko itnaa pain diya hai right? Ab use pata chalega..."

Mishti saw that rage! in his eyes..

To comfort the situation, she started, "Thik hai thik hai...ab tum batao... 5 years se bahar the tum, kahi koi chakkar wakkar to nahi chala rahe the na?"

"Ummm kya pata...ho bhi sakta hai...wo kya hai na mai hoon hi itni hot, charming! Saari ladkiyan marti hai mujhpar..." Abir responded pulling up his collar a bit.

"You Ajeeb Rajvansh!" Mishti got irritated by her own joke! And hit his chest not so hard...
"Ahhhhhhhhh Angry Chorni! Lagaaa yaar!"
And her frowning eyes made him smile and utter in a low voice...
"Achhha lagaaaa...bohutt achha lagaaa"

Now, pulling her close to his heart, he uttered "I missed you Mishti..."
Settling in his arms, she answered in a low voice, "I missed you too Abirrr..."

Kissing her hair gently, Abir comforted his back on the wall... thinking of the next day...The meeting with Monica Aggarwal...

And the night passed...just like that...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hope you all liked the part! Do let us know.